XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Pckview Update

DaiShiva

I downloaded 1.4 today and already tried it to edit and replace some graphics with some weird results.

This is the image that the MCD editor shows from the .pck file after I altered it with 1.4 (I tried afterwards with the earlier version and had no such problem).

This happened with every image I modified today. Is it a bug or something about the image size that I am not using properly? :blink:

Btw, the image underneath it comes from the next .pck image.

U_base2.gif

Edited by Hobbes

I downloaded 1.4 today and already tried it to edit and replace some graphics with some weird results.

This is the image that the MCD editor shows from the .pck file after I altered it with 1.4 (I tried afterwards with the earlier version and had no such problem).

This happened with every image I modified today. Is it a bug or something about the image size that I am not using properly? :blink:

Btw, the image underneath it comes from the next .pck image.

hmmm, nothing was changed (that im aware of) in reguards to the bitmap encoding/decoding procedure, ill have to look into this

I am using the older version meanwhile. It looks as if it is creating images either too long or short. I tried changing the width values (also to try to figure out what they do) but that didn't help at all.

EDIT: I just noticed that the xcom.dll included included in the package completely messes up the Map Info function of Map View.

Edited by Hobbes

There, i believe its fixed, try that =)

Yeah, I wouldnt mix the xcom.dll files just yet. I just realized that im using an older version of the code and thats what caused the problems in the first place.

Thanks, I will try it in a couple of days. I am finishing a map and tileset for UFO2000 and that bug caused some problems (they are fixed now), so I prefer to stick to old and reliable until i finish them :)

Since both Map View and PCKView 1.4 use a xcom.dll, what's the best solution not to mix them? Simply running the programs from separate directories?

Edited by Hobbes

There, i believe its fixed, try that =)

Yeah, I wouldnt mix the xcom.dll files just yet. I just realized that im using an older version of the code and thats what caused the problems in the first place.

Thanks, I will try it in a couple of days. I am finishing a map and tileset for UFO2000 and that bug caused some problems (they are fixed now), so I prefer to stick to old and reliable until i finish them :)

Since both Map View and PCKView 1.4 use a xcom.dll, what's the best solution not to mix them? Simply running the programs from separate directories?

for now, yes. Because of the mixup ill release a new recompile of both in the next day or so.

I hate source version control =)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...