4 replies to this topic

#1 Gryx

Gryx

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:31 AM

I was using the map editor the other day finishing off a new terror ship map. I started the game, shot a terror ship down and landed a squad to have a look at how the map would work in the game.

The strange thing was that next to each UFO power unit was, what looked to be, a stun bomb. When I stood over it and opened the inventory screen I found that is was actually a piece of elerium.

:huh:

Is this some strange bug I haven't heard about?

#2 centurion

centurion

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 800 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:49 AM

No, this is a planned feature of the game; those pieces of Elerium are the ones you get at the end of the mission, so try not to destroy them with explosives.

edit: only in the original those pieces are on exactly the same places as the power units, so they don't stand out (too much).

Edited by centurion, 06 September 2004 - 09:50 AM.

Endure; in enduring, grow strong.
- Dak'kon

Help us getting Civ2 code: http://forums.civfan...p...age=1&pp=20 !

#3 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:11 AM

this is one of the limitations of the map generator in geoscape. it places the elierium/zrbit based on an internal table of engine locations.

-Blade FireLght
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.

#4 Gryx

Gryx

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

Is there a way to change the location where the elerium is placed by altering the table? (ie a config file which can changed by using notepad)

#5 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

Is there a way to change the location where the elerium is placed by altering the table? (ie a config file which can changed by using notepad)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunetly this info is coded into Geoscape. I'm working on a way to fix the elirium/zrbit locations but dont hold your breath. I have not clue when I will finish.

-Blade FireLight
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.