XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Diplomacy Problems With Hack 2.5

Nakomys

Okay, here's the problem. I'd like to make one of the countries (USA) start re-funding my team. I open XCom Hack 2.5, load my save game and click the diplomacy editor. It loads up fine, and I set status to 3 from 0, funding to 1246 (which was what it was before they stopped funding me) and leave the 3rd option at 0. I then save, and load up my in-game save, which tells me that USA is giving me $0 funding still. If I set the 'change' option to anything, it shows up in game but I'm still getting $0 funding no matter what. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm not using the CE, but version 2.4 of the editor doesn't work at all for me. Thanks in advance ^_^ . Edited by Nakomys

Hi Nakomys, sorry for the late reply. Anyway, Hatfarm's editor may not work properly with the diplomacy side of things. I tried to do some diplomacy editing with X-COM Hack a while back and nothing seemed to work. Not sure why this is, but DIPLOM.DAT may not have been completely decoded when he included this option. I think that once a country is lost, no amount of editing will bring them back anymore. I just wonder why changing the offset of the country doesn't work though, it should... :(

You could always start a new game, copy DIPLOM.DAT, then paste that into your current game. That should bring countries back to full strength again. :)

- Zombie

Hmm, I'll give that a try. I was quite surprised when I lost funding from USA, I had been protecting them well (or at least I thought), and right out of nowhere they signed a pact with the aliens.

I'll post here about my success (or failure).

I just looked over my second post and realized that it looked a lot ruder than I meant. I definitely didn't mean it to look that rude. OMFG LOL

On second thought, what if I copied the diplomacy file from a previous backup? I have a save at the end of the month where USA is still on my side. Figure that would work also?

Edited by Nakomys

That should work equally fine.

IIRC if the aliens decide to do an infiltration mission it's practically impossible to stop them from succeeding, so even if you shot down all the UFOs in the mission they's still sign a pact! http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=A...en_Infiltration

Perhaps that's what happened to you?

IIRC if the aliens decide to do an infiltration mission it's practically impossible to stop them from succeeding, so even if you shot down all the UFOs in the mission they's still sign a pact! http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=A...en_Infiltration

Perhaps that's what happened to you?

If this is the case, then start a new game, save it, copy missions.dat and paste that into your current game. That should reset the alien mission generator and allow you to keep the US until another retaliation mission against this country is started. It's basically cheating though. ^_^

- Zombie

• 7 months later...
Hmmm... I've been unable to get the game to just drop one country, it seems it's been all or none for me recently. Did just copying the diplom.dat from an older one help you? I'm interested to hear if it did because that'd help me figure out what I need to do to bring a country back for you. Let me know. Thanks.

So, I figured it out. It's kind of odd, but it works. The reason it didn't do anything is because USA wasn't funding you the last month. First of all, you need to set their level of happiness to above 0, then also set their funding for at least the last month to something above zero. I would think that a funding increase value would be good, but unfortunately that is not the case. This is something you can't fix with 2.5, but will be able to adjust with the next version of 3.0.