XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XCOMHACK 3.0 beta 1

hatfarm

So, I finished the first beta version of XCOMHACK 3.0 and I'd love to get some testing from other people on it, to make sure I work out the kinks in the process. The install is not the version I will use in the future, but the way it worked out for this version works okay enough.

If you have any errors, please do let me know in this post what the problem is and if possible, if you could upload the saved game you are using that XCOMHACK is not friendly with, it would be greatly appreciated. Please report any other problems with it here as well.

It is only for XCOM UFO right now, you can point it to ufo.exe for the CE version, or the geoscape/tactical.exe for the DOS versions, either will work. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

XCOMHACK_3.0_beta_1.rar

Well, I already found one bug. When you edit a base tile, and then you go to edit another, the last tile you selected will still be highlighted along with the tile that you are currently editing, which is obviously confusing. I've fixed it, but it's a really minor fix so I'll wait to upload a new one until I actually get some more suggestions/bug reports. Even if you don't like the color scheme, let me know. Thanks.

Found another bug, the lightning would show up as an avenger in the soldier ship selection, because I was having it choose from the wrong values. So, that's fixed in the next iteration. The craft editor is coming along, but I'm still working on the layout, because it's going to be much more visual, and therefore going to be pretty different from the old version (and I won't make the mistake of having a "center" weapon :crazya: ). Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks. Edited by hatfarm

Just took it for a ride and so far, so good. Would there be a way to allow double clicking on a soldier name or hitting enter when the name is highlighted to edit the soldier? That would be helpful. Also, (and I mentioned this to Jenny and she incorporated into her editor) can you change the default number of days to build a facility from 255 to 0? That's the most common number people will use when adding facilities, plus it's sometimes a pain to manually edit it. ;)

That's all I have for now as there isn't much available other than the soldier and base editor. Keep up the good work! :)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

Oops, I meant to add the option of hitting enter and selecting a soldier, I'll also add that to the base contents editor. Quick question, do you think it would be better to use a drop down menu (like the ship selection menu) for soldiers or the list box like I have now? I thought the list box would give you a slightly easier selection, but for the craft editor I'm using a drop down menu and want to make sure I have the best option available. Thanks.

Oops, I meant to add the option of hitting enter and selecting a soldier, I'll also add that to the base contents editor. Quick question, do you think it would be better to use a drop down menu (like the ship selection menu) for soldiers or the list box like I have now? I thought the list box would give you a slightly easier selection, but for the craft editor I'm using a drop down menu and want to make sure I have the best option available. Thanks.

I like the list box better for the soldiers as you don't have to do as much scrolling to get to the end of it. As for the craft editor, I didn't have any trouble with the drop down menu like you had before, but a list box would undoubtedly make it easier. You usually aren't going to have a huge number of ships until the end of the game when you can afford the hybrid craft but the max is something like 42 so maybe the list box would help here too. ;)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

I played around and saw that XCOMHACK 3.0b1 can only support up to 255 engineers and scientists in a base.

I was able to recruit more than 255 of engineers/scientists in a base so maybe you could change the max value to 900?

In case someone decides to have a base of 18 living quarters and 18 workshops/labs.

(Is there a limit to how many living quarters and workshops/labs a base can build?)

I actually just loaded up a base with 255 engineers and then built all living facilities to have 950 available spots for people, and when I ordered 82 more engineers (all I could afford) it said that I had 81 engineers. So, that means that the number actually swung back over to 0 and then added up to 81 more engineers. So, unfortunately it's not possible to go over 255 engineers/scientists. Please let me know if there is anything I can improve on. Thanks. Edited by hatfarm