XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XCOMHACK 3.0 beta 2

hatfarm

Here is the second beta, it's added feature is the craft editor. It is a bit more robust than the original craft editor. It allows you to edit everything as before (no center weapon) as well as things like which base the craft is in, as well as the counter suffix. There a few things that can happen weirdly though, that I really think I want to leave up to the user, but if anyone has any ideas on how to make it easier on the user, let me know. First, if you change a carrier type craft into a fighter only type craft, the soldiers who are allocated to that craft will be allocated to that fighter only craft, making it impossible to take them off in game. You can just go in and change which craft they're on in XCH3, but I just want to give everyone fair warning for that. Also, you can edit the items on any crafter, even the fighter only crafts, but they will only show up if they are available to be put on that craft.

I created a new install program, which should be a bit easier to use than the previous one, please let me know if you're having any bugs. When testing it I've noticed in Vista it takes a long time for it to ask for permission to run, which I think is due to it checking to see if I have the .NET environment installed. So, if you notice it taking a while, it's probably that reason. Any other bugs, please comment in this forum right here. Thanks ahead of time for your help in making this better.

XCOMHACK_v3_beta_2.rar

Cool stuff hatfarm! I'll take a look at the program in the morning and report back. :)

- Zombie

Pretty nice! :)

The only issue I had was that the ammo field didn't keep the number I added in after I switched to a different field. I had to press enter after the number to get it to save. Guess it's not that big of a deal, just my ignorance. ;)

The installer worked fine as well. ^_^

- Zombie

The only issue I had was that the ammo field didn't keep the number I added in after I switched to a different field. I had to press enter after the number to get it to save.

Yeah, I wanted to make the user confirm that they wanted to change a value. I understand the annoyance but I just wanted to make sure that the user doesn't have to worry about accidentally setting a number too high. Is there anything you'd want more in the craft editor? I really couldn't think of what else to add (other than UFO craft editing, which I hope to do later down the road). I'm also trying to figure out which part I'm going to do next. I'm going to start with the UFOPaedia filling (including manufacturing, building facilities, etc). After that, I'm gonna have to make some decisions. What do you think I should start on next?

Yeah, I wanted to make the user confirm that they wanted to change a value. I understand the annoyance but I just wanted to make sure that the user doesn't have to worry about accidentally setting a number too high. Is there anything you'd want more in the craft editor? I really couldn't think of what else to add (other than UFO craft editing, which I hope to do later down the road).

Aye, UFO editing would be way cool sometime. Other than that, I think you got everything I'd want in a craft editor. :)

I'm also trying to figure out which part I'm going to do next. I'm going to start with the UFOPaedia filling (including manufacturing, building facilities, etc). After that, I'm gonna have to make some decisions. What do you think I should start on next?

Me? Well, I'd suggest getting the Diplomacy Editor done. (Shouldn't be too hard, right)? Then the Alien Cointainment Editor. Or get those quick change functions working. As long as you are making progress, I'm a happy man. ;)

- Zombie