XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XCOMHACK v3 Release Candidate 3

hatfarm

So, here is what I hope will be the final release candidate. There are a number of new/changed things. First of all, I changed the soldier select to be a one click thing, as was suggested, and I think it works better that way.

I also added the ability to select the base or improved stats for a soldier, again a requested feature that made a lot of sense.

I added the ability to finish research that was currently in progress as well. That was by far the most difficult part to implement in this new candidate. I realize that normally RC's are only for fine tuning, but I wanted to make sure I got that new feature in before the release. Please do let me know if you run into any problems with this feature, because although I tested it pretty thoroughly, I didn't test absolutely every possibility. However, it will fill your UFOPaedia, give you base facilities, manufacturing capabilities and unlock the next level of research when you use this option, which I think will be appreciated.

The final change is in the selection of a directory for your saved game. I now have it as just a folder selection menu, the previous method of selection was too confusing I think, and this is actually a bit more convenient of a method for me.

As always, please let me know if there is anything you would like changed or if you run into any bugs. All I'm going to be doing for the next month or so is cleaning up the code and making adjustments to make things more efficient. Then I'll release the actual release, unless I hear of some big bug that I need to fix. My summer classes start June 14, so I'm planning on releasing the final product before then. Thanks ahead of time for your testing.

X_Com_Hack_v3_Release_Candidate_3_Installer.rar

X_Com_Hack_v3_Release_Candidate_3_Executable.rar

Edited by hatfarm

Glad you like it. I can't wait to start working on making it compatible with TFTD and the executables.

Which would people prefer first? I'm almost done finishing up the final version 3 release. If I don't hear anything, I'll probably get started on TFTD. Thanks.

I'm glad someone wants TFTD because tonight while I was fine tuning everything, I also set it up to make a fairly smooth transition to begin TFTD work. A few files are actually completely compatible with TFTD, but a lot also require quite a bit of work before they would be able to edit TFTD. So, I've got my work cut out for me. I think I'm done with bug squashing for v3.0. I did find a pretty bad bug in base.dat that didn't allow for some undoing, which could have been bad. Not TOO bad, but would've given you weird radar stats until the end of the month. I'm going to leave this open for 1 more week to make sure no one has any more bugs that they run into. Then, I'll release v3.0 and begin work on 3.1, which will bring TFTD support. Thank you all so much ahead of time for your help in getting this to be the best program it can be.