XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Question

Danial

I was trying to get a quick trip to Cydonia from a new game, but after I've created my kick-donkey team, added an Avenger, filled the UFOpaedia and everything else I need to do, there is still no "Cydonia" button attached to my "Intercept" window.

Is there a step I've missed that will add this in?

I think I just figured out the problem...

Despite the UFOpaedia being filled, there has been no flag set to tell the game that all research has been completed.

So new question, is there a way to "trick" the game into thinking that I've researched everything?

I did something similar. I took a whole bunch of time to set up my squad just perfectly, and equipped one of them with a Blaster Launcher. Since I had clicked the "Fill UFOPedia", "Allow All Production" and "Allow All Facilities" buttons, I just assumed that my guys could use the Blaster Launchers. What a nasty surprise, because upon entering the mission, my soldier gets the dreaded "can't use alien artifact until it is researched" message. :(

Thinking that I'll bypass this problem, I tried to research the Blaster Launcher. Nope. I couldn't even put any Scientists on the project to start work. I ended up just starting a new game and placing a Blaster Launcher (and bomb) into my inventory. Then I researched the Launcher and bomb normally. That worked. :)

It still would be nice to gain access to everything though, without having to "re-research". I hope that's possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I ran across a slight problem the other day while using the v2.5 editor. When you allow all facilities and build a Hyperwave Decoder at your starting base (insta-build, 0 days), the small radar is the thing doing the detecting. The Hyperwave appears to be non-functional. However, I found a fix. All you have to do is build another structure and set the time to build as 1 day. After that facility is up and running, the Hyperwave Decoder suddenly comes on-line. This may come in handy for some of you using this who want instant gratification. :blush1:

- Zombie

Just as a reminder: The hyperwave decoder facility is just icing on top of the cake. The cake is actually the base's scanning ability itself. If that's not set, the base won't have a hyperwave decoder even if it owns the facility.

Setting the build time to 1 days lets the game build the HWD normally and allows it to fiddle with the base's radar stats.

- NKF

• 3 years later...
Just so everyone knows, I've fixed all the problems listed here in this post in v3.0. The next version of the beta will have all the manufacturing, research, ufopaedia and facilities stuff. The hyperwave decoder and radar things were fixed in the first beta.