XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xna C# Begginer

SparSin

I am 22 and live in WA. USA. I am totally dedacted to this project and would try my best to better it.. What i could help you with...

1) sound.. i would work a great sounding game..

2) if you wanted better sprites and map design.

3) played xcom defense. xcom terror in the deep and apocolypse i could help with the story and take ideas from the greatest but being creative.

4)my main goal... is to convert this game to play on XBOX 360 MARKETPLACE .. i got some of the controller code situated.

• 2 months later...
I am 22 and live in WA. USA. I am totally dedacted to this project and would try my best to better it.. What i could help you with...

1) sound.. i would work a great sounding game..

2) if you wanted better sprites and map design.

3) played xcom defense. xcom terror in the deep and apocolypse i could help with the story and take ideas from the greatest but being creative.

4)my main goal... is to convert this game to play on XBOX 360 MARKETPLACE .. i got some of the controller code situated.

i am an experienced c# programmer but not in xna, interested in teaming up?

Well, I've just started looking at XNA, and while it does look nice, one thing that stands out to me is it's complete lack of support for building UI widgets. From the documentation:

The .NET Compact Framework for Xbox 360 does not include the System.Windows.Forms namespace or any of its classes. User interface elements in an XNA game are composed of 2D or 3D graphics (or both), created using classes in the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics Namespace namespace.

Games typically have menus and other user interface elements that are unique and custom to the game, rather than standardized versions that wouldn't adequately express the game's unique feel and flow.

It doesn't even support the ability to write text to the screen. http://blogs.msdn.com/garykac/archive/2006/08/30/728521.aspx

Although it might be possible to recitify this with something like CEGUI#

• 2 weeks later...

I would just say that being working with XNA at work, it rocks. But forget about using CEGUI#, straight ports from C++ code sucks in C#. You are better implementing your own widget library with only the controls that you need.

Greetings

Red Knight

I would just say that being working with XNA at work, it rocks. But forget about using CEGUI#, straight ports from C++ code sucks in C#. You are better implementing your own widget library with only the controls that you need.

Greetings

Red Knight

Yes, after spending some more time with XNA, I like it too.

It's just annoying that there's no themeable widget library. Or even a widget library that I'm aware of. So if everyone rolls their own, that's a lot of wasted effort.

I should note that I've submitted a patch to the CeCui# team that gets buttons correctly coloured, and has the slider and list box working in Taharez. So aside from from a nasty problem with mouse droppings, it's working.

At least on my PC. They haven't added my patch yet.

Push buttons and Check boxes work. Combo box nearly works (there's a bit of an issue with the edit box.)

I haven't tested multicolumnlist box and edit box yet.