XCOMUFO & Xenocide

A Few Simple (and A Few Stupid) Suggestions.

Morbit

Chances are nobody of the dev team would bother adding these, but at least I got to speak my mind. ^_^

- Save/Load buttons.

You guys put buttons on the main menu. Then PLEASE put some in the other screens too. I have lost a lot of good teams because of wrong F2/F3 usage. Just a few small buttons to replace the F-button usage (and confusion and frustration). IMHO, I believe it is not very handy to use F-buttons instead of easy, visual indications of what you want. Shouldn't be too hard, and you guys did a very good job at it in the battle view.

- Bigger teams.

Not a big issue, but me and a few friends like to play space hulk. 15 against 4 or something like that is not really a challenge, so maybe 20 or 32? Not really a priority, but worth considering.

- Gameplay-wise, perhaps a possibility to go prone? And perhaps even possibility of moving while crouch/prone. It would add some tactical gameplay. Downside is perhaps that it would depart too much from the original X-Com.

- I heard about the pocket version, and I was under the impression that it was available for regular computers now (please correct me if I'm wrong!). If it is, maybe support this version as well?

Then the "stupid" idea:

- Editors!

Include a map editor, a mission editor, a campaign editor, etc. etc. It would be a nice addition for the community if they where able to make their own multiplayer maps without extra programs, programming knowledge or anything like that. Same with missions (if you intend to add singleplayer, off course) and/or campaigns. For instance, a singleplayer mode would be kept interesting (and not as straight-forward) if you could select some (pre-made) campaigns, and could add your own, or your friends. A campaign would then be like the classic X-Com game, a storyline, geoscape, etc. and some story-based missions. A custom campaign could change the research, the weapons, maybe even planet, eliminate the geoscape, etc. Maybe change the look for soldiers and enemies...

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. I would be glad to help in the development if my skills are needed/wanted. :)

I think there is a way to increase the size of the squad. There's a number either in squad.lua or ufo2000.ini that says something about the squad size. You'd probably have to manually add extra soldiers in squad.lua, but then, there is copy and paste. :)