XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Governments And Funding

Hi guys this is my first post. Love the forum very informative and imaginative.

Anyway to my point. I am having the best game of x-com I have ever had. I have never gotten this far before. I have taken out 2 alien bases captured leaders and researched tons. But I have one niggling problem....the UK left my funding of nations.

I wouldn't usually have a problem with this but I have rescued a lot of citizens in terror missions and, with me being from the UK, my main base is in the UK and I have not had one UFO land in the UK nor had a terror mission to deal with. But they still dropped out and signed a pact with the Aliens. I find this weird when poor South Africa have been terrorized to heck and back and even though I manage to save them everytime they won't drop out.

Has anybody had this problem? By the way I have two other bases one in Texas USA and one in India so I have most the globe in a radar net but still the UK dropped out???

Thanks guys.

I think an alien base there for any amount of time rasies infltration levels fast maybe theres a base you didnt find or the bases if they were in the UK make them drop out(have any UFOs flew over or near the UK maybe a supply ship for a base)I think its impossible to stop a country from being taken if the aliens want it and the chanches are very low of you finishing the game without losing at least one nation

Africa probaly dont drop out because you are saving them all the time

Well at least youll never lose the comrades in russia and now to wait for someone else to give a detailed explanation...

It takes an infiltration mission to make a country drop out completely. Most likely that is what happened. Radar systems don't have a 100% detection rate until you get Hyperwave Decoders, so an infiltration UFO probably got lucky and didn't get picked up by your radar net until after it had done its mission.

It's quite embarassing when you do have a hyperwave decoder and still lose the country after a month of inactivity. Happened to me with America. Could've been other reasons, but that has left me a bit baffled for quite some time.

In general, yes, it has to be caused by a successful infiltration mission.

Another reason includes the country getting fed up with your performance with a consistent lower area activity points than the aliens.

That's what alien bases produce, by the way. Alien area activity points. This is something like 5 points a day. Assuming a 30 day month, that's 150 or so points within that area. Nothing a few well played missions cannot cover. As long as you can keep your activity points above the aliens, then the countries will be satisfied.

Once they decide to withdraw funding, that's another matter entirely. Your actual area points seem irrelevant by then. Alien bases in your coverage area that pop up without construction fleets are sometimes constructed if the country decide to withdraw at the end of the month. They're not the reason that the country decides to withdraw, but a good indication that they'll withdraw.

- NKF