XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo:aftermath Bugs

stjones

I pre-ordered my copy of Aftermath in September and successfully ran the demo. However, now that I have the real game, bugs make it unplayable.

In both the strategic and tactical views, if I switch to one of the menus, the map is corrupted when I return and nothing seems to repair it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I am running on a 1.33Ghz Athlon with an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon video card.

www.ufoaftermath.co.uk has a great support forum.  Also, did you upgrade to the 1.2 patch?

Yes, the first thing I did was apply the latest patches. I also updated my video drivers, as they suggested. The problem seems to be that the program uses the polygons for hit testing. Once the video is corrupted, you can't move your soldiers because the terrain appears to be blocked by the random polygons.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got it working by restoring my old video driver and installing directX 9.0b. My mistake was listening to the Aftermath install program when it complained that my video drivers were out of date.

Now that it works, I love the game. It's not XCOM, but it still has much of the same feel. I think I like the tactical phase better than XCOM's, but I do miss the base management. Oh, well.... things change.