XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 0.6.627 Tournament

I am hosting a tournament for ufo2000 for current stable: 0.6.627

The tournament will be held in a week or two from now. :)

Please read Rules in this post before posting.

There will be three divisions:

- Light (10k)

- Medium (15k)

- Heavy (20k)

Tournament Rules: There is no limitations to anything but the k points for all divisions. You will play on city map (5x5) for light and medium divisions. And you will play city 6x6 map for heavy. You can sign up for all three divisions. You will be given 3 days to battle your opponent for each round. On the fourth day I will send a notification to battle them if you exceed the 3 days, which gives you a one day extra to get there. If you did not meet it by the fourth day from the tournament...you automatically are withdrawn from the tournament. Cheating will not be tolerated...if caught trying to cheat, you will be withdrawn from the tournament. This is not going to be a clan tournament. This will be a single elimination tournament. Once you lose to an opponent in a particular division...you will be out of the tournament. When playing this tournament, it is requested that you place a tag before\after your user name. For Light division, it will be [L]. For Medium division, it will be [M]. For Heavy, it will be [H]. Please use the tags so that I can keep track of the tournament battles that go on.

Second player chooses map. If the game crashes, then both players have to battle again on the same map.

The rules for all divisions will be like this:

Deathmatch

Explosive level 3

Time limit: none

turn limit: none

Items on ground: off

explore level 1

Posting Rules: Only post what division(s) you are going to sign up in. Comments are forbidden in this thread. Use the comments in the Tournament Discussion thread. If I see comments made in this thread...I will personally move those comments to the Tournament Discussion thread. Don't post any accusations of cheating, pm me only. If you aren't going to attend this tournament, then don't post here.

Any further questions, please pm me or ask in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Edited by Kratos

Alright, lets see, i'll go Heavy and Medium division, i need to get my standard basic weapons team up and running though :)

you know, what the heck, let me go for a Light division registration as well

Edited by blehm

Sign me up for the tournament fer the medium devision (15K) ... and Fear the wrath of Sporb :Drool: Edited by Sporb

Announcement: The tournament will be starting on July 12th. I will place who you are battling on July 11th. That means that if you are going to attend this tournament...you better sign up before July 11th.

Jeex, almost missed this with my newfound computer restrictions LOL

I'd like to join if I still can, I'm more Heavy

Edited by CopyBass

To Leimrei and shanu:

The first post in this thread will explain most of your questions...and those questions need to be asked in Tournament Discussion thread. I have put your questions there and answered them seperately. But please read the first post of a topic next time please. :)

Its not like I am mad or anything, but I am just trying to keep this area organized so I know whom is signing up and I don't have to read a bunch of statements\questions here. ;)

Edited by Kratos

Announcement: The tournament will be starting tomorrow. First I will put who goes against who, then I will set a thead for members to cooperate on a time for their opponents.

Anouncement: Sign ups are put to a stop now. Tournament is going to start the 13th so I can actually have the time to set randomized opponents. Sorry for the extra day wait. :(

I will define each player by a number:

Medium Division

1 - Decoder

2 - Spiro (lost)

3 - Sporb (lost)

4 - Kratos (lost)

5 - Neithan

6 - v3Bu (lost)

7 - Blehm (lost)

8 - Gecko (lost)

9 - Shanu (notification of 1 day just sent...waiting for feedback)

10 - Abyssion (forfeits)

Edited by Kratos

Announcement: The tournament will officially start tomorrow, but you are welcome to do it today. Go to Tournament Time thread to discuss your time with your opponent. Say what time you will be available in the day. Today is not expected for you to battle, but if you do then you are on a head start. :)

Tournament rules are updated. Check first post to see them.

The 9th and 10th players in Medium Division will have to battle 2 times on their first match.

The 1st and 2nd players in Heavy Division will have to battle 2 times on their first match.

If it results in a draw, then play 1 more time.

Edited by Kratos

I can't be in the tounament, parents decided to move the date of our annual trip up. OMFG... If my opponent can mind waiting for at least a week though, I can fight him then.

There was a mistake in the battle rules. On the heavy division...the 1st and 2nd players will have to battle twice. (thanks for showing me Hobbes :) )

Copybass, since you won't be attending...I am going to replace you with Tsereve to even out the tournament. :)

Abyssion won't be attending and whoever faces him in medium and heavy division will press on to the next round.

Look at the area where I define people by numbers to see who lost.

Announcement: The light division will be completely withdrawn since there is not enough members to play.

Edited by Kratos

Final Round finished

Results: Hobbes vs. Kratos = Kratos

Its kind of weird announcing yourself the victor  :wacko:

And the winner of the heavy division is:

:master: :master: Kratos :master: :master:

Better? :NyaNyaNya:

Congratulations for your victory. =b

Edited by Hobbes

Final Round finished

Results: Hobbes vs. Kratos = Kratos

Its kind of weird announcing yourself the victor  :wacko:

And the winner of the heavy division is:

:master: :master: Kratos :master: :master:

Better? :NyaNyaNya:

Congratulations for your victory. =b

ROFL

*Kratos hails Hobbes for the good match* :master: :master: :master:

hmmmm, i wish i had made it past, i have really been looking forward to an organized match with hobbes for a while, i need to beat him again, its been far too long since i last beat you (november, i think)

I want a peice of u Blehm - ive been waiting 4 u ... waiting ... watching ... stalking

EDIT: in a good way of course , ive just never fought you. :Hyper:

Edited by Sporb

yeah, when i played hobbes on one of his newer area 51 maps he had a few soldiers on one side, but like 4 autocannons in IC ammo, and killed like 5 guys and did so much damage it was unbelievable

i almost won that match, then i started falling behind once i lost one of my better soldiers

so, anyone up for some cake?