• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:01 AM

I thought about what will happen, at with times. I made this oveview, with the stuff i felt belonged to that section. Is this balanced?

Alien base technology:

Aliens can only send out scout UFOs, and are only using sectoid and flooters.
Weaponry are set to plasma pistols, and plasma riffles. Alien granades are not on all aliens, and aliens have a high chance of carring mind probes.

Alien tech improvement: (rest time: 1 month)

When you have earned a certain ammount of points (depends on difficulty), aliens will start to improve their weaponry, to have stun bombs, and heavy plasmas, and be able to use medium ufos, and terror ships. snakemen starts to appear. Aliens does not go on reaserch runs that much, and starts to abduct, and harvest. Aliens now all have granades, and only few have mind probes.

Alien futhter tech improvement: (rest time: 2 months)

After having annoyed aliens alot (shooting them down, alot of raids), aliens will start building large UFOs. Aliens have blaster launchers at disposal, and terror sites are rapidly incresing. Later at this tech state, aliens start to build bases, and Mutons show up.

Alien final tech improvement: (rest time: 4 months)

Aliens should be very mad at you for destroying their base, and if you have not, the tech above will build a base each 2 months, untill you have raid one. If you ignore, or don't find them, the computer will locate a base for you.

When you reach this level, things are really starting to heat up. Aliens sends units to infiltrate the nations (in high levels when you reach this level a nation will automaticly join the aliens), and very large ufos are appearing. Base attacks starts, and ethernals shows up. things should get hard for the player, since you will have problems seeing all the UFOs. Aliens starts to do all-or-nothing attacks on earth, resulting in 3 very large ufos, tohether with terror ships and other, starts attacking the earth.

Edited by mikker, 24 June 2003 - 04:03 AM.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#2 Fred the Goat

Fred the Goat

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 12:06 AM

Looks good. I like that the amount you piss 'em off determines the amount they retaliate. That lets a person's skill level kindof determine the difficulty, which I believe is a Good Thing. I'd say snakemen appear before floaters. Snakemen, then Floaters, then Cryssalids, then Mutons, then Cyberdisks, then Ethereals. I dunno about the blobby Silicoids and the other squishy whats-its.

I like the idea that if you can't find an alien base, one way or another the computer automatically detects one for you anyway. I'm not so sure about an automatic nation take-over, even at a higher level. I think they should just tend to get more pissed off at higher levels, resulting in a tendency to reduce funding and come under alien control more often. I dunno. It's very debatable. I could easily be convinced either way.

#3 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 04:35 AM

I never though about the snakemen, coming before flooters. It makes sence, because its the flooters who are best at the harvesting, and abducting UFOs (says the ufopedia). Snakemen and Cryssaloids are reserved for terror sites. Aint they the best selection the aliens can have for a terror site? Send in a few cryssaloids, and get back a few millions! :devillaugh:

I acturly thinks that flooters should come together with the medium UFOs...

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

#4 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

A good scale could be money. The aliens might need to buy their tech, like in Interceptor?
Posted Image

#5 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 12:45 PM

hmmm, yeah...aliens would gain money faster at harder stages....good idea.

#6 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 03:00 PM

Yep....... they do have a score do they not?? Well, on easiest mode they get .6x their score as money/e115. Easy gets them .8x
Medium 1x
Hard 1.5x
Very hard 3x??
Posted Image

#7 jwj442

jwj442

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:36 PM

I think it would be neat if the aliens launched minor attacks early the game. Like just a ship with 8 sectoids and 2 snakemen for example.

#8 FireHawk

FireHawk

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:34 AM

instead of an attack...how about scouting around your base...eg say your underground...

They know your AROUND somewhere so they send scouting parties.
If you let a member of a scouting party escape..they locate your base and invade.

#9 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:38 AM

That was also in X-com: if you shot it down before it found your base, the aliesn wont find it.

#10 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2003 - 09:22 AM

...Which took a couple of hours so there was no excuse 4 letting them hover around :)