3 replies to this topic

#1 joseyg

joseyg

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

I am using sebs loader, and the ufodefense.exe from the fully updated windows patch found in the stickied thread above, i am playing on xp, and i also have the sound patch in for the alien voices.

the problems i have are that the game crashes occaisanally when i finish a mission, or when the aliens throw a grenade, also every time the aliens throw a grenade the fire speed is reduced to 1 or 2 or w/e.

i am using lighting's now and they are bugged to shuckeroonies LOL, the door is useless you can just walk out anywhere and shoot out and in.

thanks in advance for any help.

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Which fully updated windows patch are you referring to? You should not run Sebs loader in combination with any other third party exe mod such as the ET version.
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 joseyg

joseyg

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

the one found in the thread titled "Enemy Unknown (ce) Et Version 28/03/2005" and if im not supposed to combine the two is there any other way for me to get the timer fix? or the game speed fixed? also the degarbler thing doesnt work in sebs loader for me, so it (the ET version) also boosts my graphics when i combine the two. and i also installed it on my brothers and dads comp and that was actually the only way i could get it to work for them but there both on vista.

#4 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

Try the D3D setting in seb76's loader if the garbled gfx patch isn't working. There's also a speed limiter for the battlescape in there, but none for the geoscape. Someone posted a manual hex edit fix for that though, I'll try to find it. Unfortunately there is no way those patches can be run together as far as I know.
edit: ah, here we go: http://www.xcomufo.c...h...ost&p=99210. If you're not afraid of manual hex editing then you can slow down the geoscape timer without breaking compatibility with seb's loader. I don't think the exe added in that post will work with it though as it adds a 2xSAI filter to the game.

Edited by j'ordos, 13 August 2010 - 05:51 PM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

Reply to this topic