Photo

Team Interface

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: What do u like more: The style of the team interface at the latest stable version, which looks like the original x-com style or the one in the newest beta ? ( I've attached both down under this poll )

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joul

Joul

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:11 AM

The biggest difference between the two versions is the attribute showcase of each soldier. ( right upper quarter of the equipment screen )
I think that the older one " fits more to xcom " than the modern one.
The left pic is the old one ( from the latest stable ) , the right pic the new one.
Lets hear ur oppinion =b

Attached Thumbnails

• xcom_old__last_stable_version_.JPG
  • xcom_new___newest_beta__.JPG

Edited by Joul, 17 May 2006 - 03:14 AM.

#2 nappes

nappes

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:49 AM

I think the background graphic to the attribute window is not used in the beta because we're trying to avoid the use of graphics from X-Com. (Which is where the said background is taken from.) Although I can't really see any reason why it couldn't be used if the user has X-Com installed and all the other graphics are taken from there as well (and the "prefer X-Com graphics" option is turned on).

Also, we're planning a complete redesign of the mission planner and all associated screens anyway, so what you see in the current beta pretty much represents a temporary transitional phase. The final version will probably look cleaner and slicker than either of these, although not necessary resembling the original X-Com one at all.

Edited by nappes, 17 May 2006 - 03:49 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Jezulkim

Jezulkim

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:23 AM

I think that the older one " fits more to xcom " than the modern one.

That's true, but if I could choose the interface, it would be this: (attachment below)

Attached Thumbnails

• shot0000.png

That's my team in my avatar!

#4 Serge

Serge

Project Leader: UFO 2000

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:13 PM

OK, any ideas about improving the look of this stats panel? Maybe we can just tweak some colors?
ufo2000 development team
http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net

#5 nachtwolf

nachtwolf

UFO2000 Staff: Leader

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

OK, any ideas about improving the look of this stats panel? Maybe we can just tweak some colors?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure :
Replace the white and light gray with :
either
#000000 and #330066 : black and deep purple
#000000 and #000066 : black and deep blue (fits with the battlescape control panel)
#000000 and #003300 : black and dark green

This should do until we make a custom background for it or redo the mission planner.
Posted Image

#6 Serge

Serge

Project Leader: UFO 2000

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

Sure :
Replace the white and light gray with :
either
#000000 and #330066 : black and deep purple
#000000 and #000066 : black and deep blue (fits with the battlescape control panel)
#000000 and #003300 : black and dark green

This should do until we make a custom background for it or redo the mission planner.

Can you try to make this fix yourself, if you have some free time and motivation of course? Also everybody is free to come up with a patch that can improve the look of this stats panel.
ufo2000 development team
http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net