XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alliance/Genesis

Repost:

Here's a brief history (of Genesis): The Microprose studio here on the east coast of the US (I don't remember what state) began development of X-COM: Genesis in mid 1999. The development team was the same that converted UFO Defense to TFTD. They were pretty cool guys who frequented many of the popular xcom forums to consult the fans and collect good ideas. Around March of 2000, Microprose was bought out by Hasbro a.k.a. Hasborg The Assimilator. Hasbro immediately began laying people off, including the development team working on Genesis. The project was scrapped and that was that. Sometime in the last 6 months, Hasbro was bought out by Infogames. Within the last two months, Infogames sold all Microprose intellectual property (games) to Firaxis, run by Sid Meier. His intentions regarding and future xcom game are unclear at this time.

You can see some pics of it on my Main page.

Alliance development has stopped. No update as to its ETA.

-Micah
[email protected]
www.xcomufo.com

guys
what do u think if we put some "pressure" on sid meir.
make them continue the projectfor xcom.
and if not.. well, we continue the work we begun in the Remake.

btw i never ever heard of genesis...

Guest stewart
It's simple economics folks; if XCOM truely is broadly popular, then there's money to be made. If there's money to be made, it will be made. That side of it is not really something to be worried about. Just carry on with the level interest you have and all realated activities (forums for example). You can be sure that the official owners of the games, if they are thinking about a new installment to the series are visiting the forums to "hear the word in the streets". Stay interested a voice the things you'd like to see.

[quote name='Stewart' date='Oct 15 2002, 10:08 AM']Ah, okay. . . . Now, how did we get on this topic?[/quote]
;) Well someone mentioned an X-Com game they were waiting for that might never be released. This game might be released since the programmer responsible for it has his own company. [url="http://www.frontier.co.uk"]http://www.frontier.co.uk[/url].

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
solution: e-mail the president of atari and attach the full CE of Eu, tftd, and apoc. Reasoning: get him/her addicted to X-Com. He/She'll start begging his work force to come out with a dozen more games.

Guest drewid
[quote name='[email protected]' date='Oct 13 2002, 06:40 PM']Repost:

Here's a brief history (of Genesis): The Microprose studio here on the east coast of the US (I don't remember what state) began development of X-COM: Genesis in mid 1999. The development team was the same that converted UFO Defense to TFTD. They were pretty cool guys who frequented many of the popular xcom forums to consult the fans and collect good ideas. Around March of 2000, Microprose was bought out by Hasbro a.k.a. Hasborg The Assimilator. Hasbro immediately began laying people off, including the development team working on Genesis. The project was scrapped and that was that. Sometime in the last 6 months, Hasbro was bought out by Infogames. Within the last two months, Infogames sold all Microprose intellectual property (games) to Firaxis, run by Sid Meier. His intentions regarding and future xcom game are unclear at this time.

You can see some pics of it on my Main page.

Alliance development has stopped. No update as to its ETA.[/quote]

[soapbox]
That's not how it happened :cussing: :blink: :D
TFTD was done in the UK. Alliance was started in the UK. Genesis was being done in Chapel Hill IIRC.

Hasbro still own all the IP, Atarigrammes have licensed it all for a long period.

Sid has taken options on some of his old products. He going to do his stuff first cos he's an egotistical old designer. I'm not sure he would do x-com properly if he did it.

Atari aren't capable of doing it cos they're a bunch of *%&^ in suits and wouldn't know a good development team if it bit them in the ar$e

[/soapbox]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.