XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Capturing Live Aliens

What if there was some equipment you could use to contain alien species, I was thinking of a kind of fencing that could be erected around aliens, say for example in UFO when you stunned an alien there was always the chance that it would recover from the stunning, what if you could erect fences and place the aliens inside. Therefore creating a little section where the aliens couldnt escape from (obviously etherials/floaters could float over).

It would work by erecting poles directly opposite each other would create a fence (or enegery fence after research), when you have placed 4 poles you would have an enclosed area. Not only could you use these to capture aliens, you could also use it to contain civilians in a guarded area to protect them from aliens.

The poles could have multiple uses, in that you could put sentry guns or cameras atop the poles to act as your eyes and ears or to protect civilians, obviously sentry guns wouldnt be very powerful and not very accurate, more to scare away the aliens than to kill them. Cameras obviously so no-one creeps up on your saf civilians, or you could post one at the front of an alien ship to make sure no-one escaped. There are endless possibilities.

There would be different types, including normal fencing, razor-wire and energy fences, new technology would be offset by extra equipment needed, e.g. energy fences would require a generator.

Full equipment list;

Fencing struts (Metal Poles)

-Wire Fencing

-Razor Wire

Multipurpose Struts (Interchangeable attachments)

-Electrified Wire fencing

-Energy Barrier

-Camera

-Sentry Gun (Different types; bullet, laser, plasma)

-Floodlight (can be set high or low)

-Infra-red Floodlights (to be used with other ir equpment)

-Comms Mast (to be used with com equipment)

What do you guys think?

I'll add more later, i'm sure theres something i've forgotten.

barrication is a good idea. Small prisons for stunned aliens is somewhat less. But you should proberly be able to knock out an alien with your fists ( notmuton, or terrorunits). Edited by mikker

We could also expand on it and make those barriers act like shields (like in Unreal 2), you can deploy them and are safe behind them for a while, but you can't shoot through them either. Gives you some portable cover to cross wide open spaces, protect against a flanking attack, or just to provide a safe area for civilians.

We could also expand on it and make those barriers act like shields (like in Unreal 2), you can deploy them and are safe behind them for a while, but you can't shoot through them either. Gives you some portable cover to cross wide open spaces, protect against a flanking attack, or just to provide a safe area for civilians.

yeah. Sounds allright to me.

Why not just "invent" the almighty tranqualizer dart bazzoka machine gun?

:uzzi:

can knock out a muton for 12 months for each bullet... on average a muton is hit with 13 bullets on auto...

Recruit:"sir I think it is alive." Officer:"son if it's not shooting us it's down, conduct an autopsy" Recruit: "yes sir."

But seroisly A tranqualizer dart gun would be nice knock it out for 50 turns...No need to fence them in, or be able to shoot unconcois bodies of the enemy's so you could inject a downed enemy with tranqualizer from the stun rod so that it is out for more time.

Edited by FrozenIceman

I think that would defeat the 'challenge' of keeping it stunned. Weren't you more cautious when you knew that chryssalid could wake up at any moment? And, if you can do this than the aliens sure can:

Snakeman:Set up a fence at their ship!

Chryssalid: *sets up fence keeping soldiers from exiting the skyranger*

Would that be cool if that happend to you?

I think that would defeat the 'challenge' of keeping it stunned. Weren't you more cautious when you knew that chryssalid could wake up at any moment? And, if you can do this than the aliens sure can:

Snakeman:Set up a fence at their ship!

Chryssalid: *sets up fence keeping soldiers from exiting the skyranger*

Would that be cool if that happend to you?

what about the cryssalid sets up the fence, with HIM INSIDE IT?

:devillaugh:

At least Abort Mission button would be useful. ;)

not if his INSIDE the craft :hammer:

engineer: See, there comes the XC-1!

scientist: i wish the bring back some undepleted Semi-Emulitiunated Alien DNA.

Engineer: Watch what you wish for...whats this.....ten black craps running toward us?

Scientist: Is it a HEAD-crap? :P

Engineer: Dunno, but i think you get your DNA. Right in your face.

Well, all that fences thing seems a bit complicated to me. And somewhat unrealistic.

What about old, good handcuffs? Or some kind of nets? That should be enough to keep alien from waking up :zzzzz: and roaming around.

I don't think that nets, or fences are really needed though. You could accomplish the same thing by stunning it while it's down. Or, maybe fire some more stun bombs in the general area.

Also, any alien could either break the net/fence, fly so it's useless, or shoot through it/shoot it off. It's a waste of space if it's only going to work on the odd alien that can't do any of those things...

How about that police-foam? A super-soaker like weapon that shoots chemical compound liquid that instantly solifies(sp?) into hard foam. Result is really hard (almost concrete-like) foam that has glued the poor bastard it hit into the wall. Can also be used to create battlefield fortifications, seal doors and even make stairs.

This thing really exists, it has many versions. It is quite new tech and is not commonly used because:

1) It costs a LOT.

2) It is really hard to remove.

3) It is hard to handle and contain properly.

Just my idea if these things are discussed... Although i think the game would be better without this line of gadgets.

• 2 weeks later...

A fence is really not a bad idea.....

My reasons are prety basic. When I would capture aliens it was ususally because the were wounded. I blasted them then disarmed them (never leave a grenade if you have ever done that with mutons you know why) and if I could spare a guy a guard to watch over them.....

Problem arose if they woke up whether because they felt better or the gas wore off the X-com trooper with plenty of movement left would blast the heck out of them...

Cuffs or maybe a flying vehicle refitted with its own alien containment unit? That would be nice to have vehicles fitted for things other then straight transport.

How many of you would love to have hospital transport refitted and with a crew so you could bring in wounded team members. Med Vac...them out.

Hey people.. i was a member ages ago but lost the link to your site and totally forgot the name of it :hammer: I just want to congratulate you on how well it seems to be going! Could i have a brief update as to your current progress? :wave: