XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Online Avatar Creation - Closing

DaiShiva

The webhost that is hosting the online avatar creator is going to stop being free at the end of august. They will give me 30 days to move, and then its bye-bye

sooooo, get your units now! I have plans to make a php version, but nothing's been coded yet.

[url="http://daishiva.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/XAvatar.aspx"]Get em while you can![/url]

[quote name='Micah' date='Aug 21 2004, 04:41 AM']I would offer some space, but my servers all run linux :(
[right][post="91343"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yeah, space isnt a problem, its a server that runs asp.net =)
Thanks though, this wasnt originally a plea for 'i need hosting', just a 'heads up, this is whats going to happen', since based on the ever changing avatar, at least ONE person seems to use it almost everyday.

[quote]Do you know if anyone links directly to that .bmp on your server?[/quote] the program isnt on 'my' server so i have no idea who links to it. I do know that [b]I[/b] link to it and it seems to change on a daily basis =)

[url="http://www.daishiva.com/phpbb/index.php?page=2&incpage=http://www.daishiva.com/progLinks.shtml"]See it here[/url] :happybanana:

[quote name='stewart' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:18 PM']How hard would the port be to work on linux.  When it comes to offering space for xcom projects, Micah is as easy as a cheerleader on promnight.
[right][post="91512"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]:LOL:

[quote name='stewart' date='Aug 23 2004, 07:18 AM']How hard would the port be to work on linux.  When it comes to offering space for xcom projects, Micah is as easy as a cheerleader on promnight.
[right][post="91512"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I resent that! :P I have rejected several projects that I was uninterested in.

I wouldn't mind hosting the avatar maker, but I think daishiva would be happy putting it on his webspace after he ports it. The fact that it will only run on a windows server at the moment is the real problem.

[quote name='Exo2000' date='Aug 24 2004, 04:38 PM']Lazy bum =p

any chance of the old X-COM guys/aliens in a new version? Aquanauts are nice 'n' all, but I'd prefer some of the X-Com1 GFX, just for playing around value.
[right][post="91735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, im looking at a few sectoids right now