XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Dos4gw Problem With Apoc & Native Dos 6.22

defocus

Hello there !

I have russian DOS version of XCOM3.

Then I run the game on my P4 (1,4GHz) with 256 Mb of RIMM memory (ASUS P4T-E intel 850 chipset) in DOS 6.22 I have the error - something about stack and registers in dos4gw. After that only CTRL+ALT+DEL accessible :crying:

Sound is setuped to NoSound.

The game is running without problems on my WIN2K whith VDMSound.

Is anybody have the same problems ?

:hammer:

If it works in windows, why do you want to run it in dos? :huh?:

I bet you can't find that soundcard in setup even if you could make it work on dos. So that probably won't help. What comes to smoother videos and movement, it could be, I don't know.

Well anyways your problem seems like a new one. :huh?: Have you checked this sites bug FAQ and downloadable bugfixes? And this forum has a lot of posts, try reading all of them and find if someone else has that problem too.

Can you write here or take the screenshot of that error you get?

Edited by Nyyperoid

Your assurance have no reason, cause:

AU8830 has no problems whith sound in dos cause it have dos driver that do SoundBlaster Pro emulation.

Some years ago, then i has Pentium 1 and this soundcard, I don't have any problems with this game in dos ! - Thats why I list my general hardware in question.

Of cause I check FAQ, search many sites, etc... I am not a novice, so I ask for a anwer - not for a chat for what I am do this...

Today after work I capture error screen.

Nyyperoid - thanks for attend on my problem :)

Dos4gw, if I'm not mistaken is the DPMI memory extender used by the game. So I assume this may be a memory related problem.

Could you post the contents of your autoexec.bat and config.sys files? (I mean the ones you use on the Dos 6.22 system)

- NKF

Edited by NKF