XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Seb76's Ufo Extender

j'ordos

Awesome man. Thank you! I never imagined such a request would actually be filled by a modder so quickly. I really appreciate it. Your mod does a lot of good stuff.

Currently I'm using Moks Mod for alien death sounds and timer fix, and your mod for everything else. I actually like the fact that it doesn't change the EXE file, and the options can ALL be toggled and are described in a language which is easy enough to understand. The bug fixes available in your mod are unique also (Such as blaster bombs, etc).

Now if we could just get 1 unified mod that fixes *most* of the bugs and many of the common technical problems associated with the game, we'd be in business.

PS: Just thought of another neat possibility..

Make Aliens require LOS on THEIR Psi attacks as well. I don't care to remove Psi completely because otherwise Sectiods are completely underpowered.. But making it require knowledge of my position would be nice.

Currently the game handles Psi rather strangely on the Alien side.. As I understand it, as long as ANY alien can see ANY X-Com Unit, then ANY X-Com unit (whether invisible to the attacking alien or not) can be attacked.

Thanks. It actually required little work to do so I figured I should as well do it right away ;-) The way psi attacks work is exactly as you describe (plus the fact that psi-weaklings are attacked first), I'll see if I can change that...

Edit: BTW, if someone can provide me with an ethereal battle savegame, it'd make things easier :)

Edited by Seb76

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just FYI:

I just tested Proximity Grenades with alternative values, and found that they were not exploding.

Regular grenades exploding next to one another works fine. (IE - The grenade object stays).

Furthermore, I tested proximities in the same saved game (Battlescape mission) after changing the values back to default (Deleting the line), and the proximity grenades are still all duds.

I will do further testing on another battlescape mission.. Perhaps it bugged them for the entire mission. I'll edit this post with my results when I find out.

Just FYI:

I just tested Proximity Grenades with alternative values, and found that they were not exploding.

Regular grenades exploding next to one another works fine. (IE - The grenade object stays).

Furthermore, I tested proximities in the same saved game (Battlescape mission) after changing the values back to default (Deleting the line), and the proximity grenades are still all duds.

I will do further testing on another battlescape mission.. Perhaps it bugged them for the entire mission. I'll edit this post with my results when I find out.

Did you enable the "Proximity Grenades" fix? If so you can send me the savegame so I can investigate.

Seb, here is the file you requested.

I hope you accept .RAR format. If not, let me know and I'll zip it instead.

GAME_5.rar includes my entire GAME_5 directory as well as the UFOExtender.ini file from your mod, which I have edited.

GAME_5.rar

Edited by EtherImp

Hi Seb,

More feature reqeusts since I saw you added the ability to make the HE "Breach" UFOs from XcomUtil! Awesome and thank you!

- Can you add a modification table for the Laser rifles to mimic XcomUtil? I'm replaying with that function now where the laser rifles uses resouces and Heavy Laser takes more time to research but is more powerful.

Seems more "plausible" in this alternate Xcom universe.

I guess you can also add one for plasma too since others may want to try it.

- Add alien interrogation assist in tech research like XcomUtil?

- I found a cosmetic bug byproduct in using your mod + xcom util that your battlescape summaries do not show up as XcomUtil reloads tactical and geoscape EXEs. This does not happen if I use your mod only so would like to get rid of XcomUtil to keep that feature.

Thanks for your great work.

Seb, here is the file you requested.

I hope you accept .RAR format. If not, let me know and I'll zip it instead.

GAME_5.rar includes my entire GAME_5 directory as well as the UFOExtender.ini file from your mod, which I have edited.

Thanks for the savegame. I uploaded a new version where the bug should be fixed.

Great. I'll grab it. However, I found that after disabling the proximity fix (not the exp one, the other one), my proximity grenades started working.

Also:

Heavy Laser Damage=120 <-- That should work, right? (Just getting to the point where I get heavy lasers, haven't had a chance to test it yet.)

Hi Seb,

More feature reqeusts since I saw you added the ability to make the HE "Breach" UFOs from XcomUtil! Awesome and thank you!

- Can you add a modification table for the Laser rifles to mimic XcomUtil? I'm replaying with that function now where the laser rifles uses resouces and Heavy Laser takes more time to research but is more powerful.

Seems more "plausible" in this alternate Xcom universe.

I guess you can also add one for plasma too since others may want to try it.

I can add the possibility to change values for other resource files but to achieve what you want, you need to change several values in different files ; and I cannot make sure that what is changed across several files is consistent. So, to quote some film, "I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."...

- Add alien interrogation assist in tech research like XcomUtil?

Not sure how it can be done, but could be interesting to add.

- I found a cosmetic bug byproduct in using your mod + xcom util that your battlescape summaries do not show up as XcomUtil reloads tactical and geoscape EXEs. This does not happen if I use your mod only so would like to get rid of XcomUtil to keep that feature.

Are you talking about the "Wreck Analysis" thing?

Thanks for your great work.

You're very welcome.

Seb

Great. I'll grab it. However, I found that after disabling the proximity fix (not the exp one, the other one), my proximity grenades started working.

Indeed, I changed the signedness of a field some versions ago and forgot to update the code, so the proxmine fix was completely broken :( It should now work again.

Also:

Heavy Laser Damage=120 <-- That should work, right? (Just getting to the point where I get heavy lasers, haven't had a chance to test it yet.)

That should work, but keep in mind that some damage types have a range of [0;2*weapon damage] (not sure which damage types it applies to), and you don't want to overflow that above 255. Keep values under 127 to be safe.

Could I change the accuracy from there as well?

Heavy Laser Accuracy=XXX?

It is not implemented, mostly because I'm lazy ^_^. Should be no problem to do, but it'll most likely be something like

Heavy Laser Aimed Accuracy=xxx

Laser Pistol Snap Accuracy=xxx

and stuff like that.

Technically, ammo types, clip size and time units could also be changed BTW. I'm away for a coupe of days, I'll add that when I'm back.

Cheers,

Seb

WTF?

-268 MILLION in points?

But.. somehow each country is happy with me.

Sounds like a bug to me.

I've already tested Month 4 (April), and without doing anything in April my score was -9000.. So the "event" seemed to have happened sometime in March. Any idea what this was caused by?

post-3361-1243004763_thumb.jpg

Edited by EtherImp

Seb76, could you please look at this post?

Since I am running the game with your Extender I don't know if I can ask anyone else about this. :)

And a small bugreport. If I enable "Stunned Units KIA", all works fine until I trigger a proximity mine near an unconscious body. Then a red window appears stating that such and such was blasted, but there is no mouse cursor to click the "OK" button, or rather, it is invisible. If I accidently stumble upon the button, I can continue playing, otherwise I'm stuck.

Edited by Nevill

Yes, Wreck Analysis is cutoff if I use XcomUtil. If I use your loader directly , WA will show up. It might be how your loader is interacting with the split EXE.

I was testing the last dev version so will try the newer May 21st release version.

I still see your mod does not have save equipment in there so will continue to use XcomUtil for that function.

Yes, Wreck Analysis is cutoff if I use XcomUtil. If I use your loader directly , WA will show up. It might be how your loader is interacting with the split EXE.

I was testing the last dev version so will try the newer May 21st release version.

I still see your mod does not have save equipment in there so will continue to use XcomUtil for that function.

:hmmm: The dev version has the equipement stuff hardcoded so there is no entry in the ini file to enable it. Are you sure it does not work? Just put some flares in you skyranger and head to a night mission. If flares are equiped, then it is working (at least partially).

Seb76, could you please look at this post?

Since I am running the game with your Extender I don't know if I can ask anyone else about this. :)

And a small bugreport. If I enable "Stunned Units KIA", all works fine until I trigger a proximity mine near an unconscious body. Then a red window appears stating that such and such was blasted, but there is no mouse cursor to click the "OK" button, or rather, it is invisible. If I accidently stumble upon the button, I can continue playing, otherwise I'm stuck.

I changed the cursor to still show up while units are moving, it should fix the problem.

Thanks! Your work is amazing. :) I know several people who desided to play the game once again just because of your mod ("Funding Council Income Only" and "Stun Fest" are sooo fun :)).

A tiny request, if I may. You have already made a shortcut for "End Turn" button. Can you also make a shortcut for those "Press a button to continue" screens (the ones that tell you which turn it is)? Preferrably, the same key. Sometimes you need to skip several turns, and doing so without switching to a mouse would be very convinient.

Come to think about it, those windows with the only "OK" button could also make use of the Enter key. :)

I've seen many a person complain about problems with score and/or funds in the past so I doubt Sebs proggie is to blame. ;)

- Zombie

I've seen many a person complain about problems with score and/or funds in the past so I doubt Sebs proggie is to blame. ;)

- Zombie

Yeah, I figured it was an inherent UFO bug.. Thing is I think I know exactly when it happened, too. I went to my "Graphs" screen sometime during the middle of the month and the Alien scores suddenly changed to ~200 million.

Any known reason for it?

Yeah, I figured it was an inherent UFO bug.. Thing is I think I know exactly when it happened, too. I went to my "Graphs" screen sometime during the middle of the month and the Alien scores suddenly changed to ~200 million.

Any known reason for it?

Not sure why scores and money are massively affected sometimes... my first guess is that the game incorrectly dumps the wrong byte value into the variable causing it to flip because the score variable is signed. Or maybe it's a memory problem. Could happen only at certain times when you try to open up the graphs screen too. So, there are a number of ways which the game could screw it up. ^_^

- Zombie

this UFOLoader is awesome, specially because the PSX music REALLY CHANGES the game... its so much better playing with decent music, not MIDI...

only problem, and big one at that, is that the game CRASHES everytime I exit a tactical battle. It happens both when I click the exit button as when I finish all the aliens and click the end turn button...

Probably a bit too much to ask... but is it possible to make it work with the dos versions?

Yeah, I been sticking with them so that I don't have to look at it stretched out on my 1680x1050 moniter.

EDIT:

Alternatively if you're very kind, can you instruct on how to use Seb's mod with DXWND?

Doesn't seem to work.

In addition I tried the HQ4x filter, and it lagged the game to living heck. Even in the menu the mouse cursor is flickering and strangely it cannot access the bottom half of the screen.

Edited by Vagabond

this UFOLoader is awesome, specially because the PSX music REALLY CHANGES the game... its so much better playing with decent music, not MIDI...

only problem, and big one at that, is that the game CRASHES everytime I exit a tactical battle. It happens both when I click the exit button as when I finish all the aliens and click the end turn button...

Just a few questions:

What version of the loader are you using (standard or "dev" version)?

Are you using a modified exe (ET, xcomutil or other patches)

What settings do you enable in the ini file

Seb

Just a few questions:

What version of the loader are you using (standard or "dev" version)?

Are you using a modified exe (ET, xcomutil or other patches)

What settings do you enable in the ini file

Seb

I reinstalled UFO from scratch and then used UFO Loader. Now it works flawlessly. Have no idea what was messing it up before.

btw, I hope you can make it work with the MP3s soon enough. I use an image of the PSX disc, but it sucks to carry a 600mb image on a Pen Drive just to be able to play a 5mb game when I am away from my PC.

btw, I hope you can make it work with the MP3s soon enough

Huh? :huh: It's already fully compatible with Spymaster's mp3 patch, which does exactly that. Played with it on XP and Vista - no problems whatsoever.

really? I guess I jumped from 1st page where Seb said he would make it mp3 compatible if enough people asked for it to the 3rd page.

how does it works exactly? I have Spymaster?s patch but it never worked for me. (no music at all). Do I start the game with UFOLoader.exe or with Xcommusic.exe???

and btw, inside UfoExtender.ini there is no mp3 music option. The music config option is only for the CD music from PSX...

btw, what about an option for soldiers to always use the same kind of equipment? I am tired of having to change equipment every time a god damn tactical mission starts... for some reason, the computer always assigns the Psi-Amps to soldiers with weak psi skills/strenght, and give the medkits to the soldiers with strong psi!

Edited by aceshigh

how does it works exactly? I have Spymaster's patch but it never worked for me. (no music at all). Do I start the game with UFOLoader.exe or with Xcommusic.exe???

If I am not mistaken, you should rename XComMusic.exe to UFODefence.exe (and replace the old one), as that is what UFOLoader tries to execute (you might want to change that instead - shouldn't be any difference). You must have all mp3's renamed accordingly (view readme) and in the "Sound" folder.You don't need to enable PSX music in UFOExtender.ini - Spymaster's patch will take care of the music.

Edited by Nevill

btw, I hope you can make it work with the MP3s soon enough

Huh? :huh: It's already fully compatible with Spymaster's mp3 patch, which does exactly that. Played with it on XP and Vista - no problems whatsoever.

really? I guess I jumped from 1st page where Seb said he would make it mp3 compatible if enough people asked for it to the 3rd page.

how does it works exactly? I have Spymaster?s patch but it never worked for me. (no music at all). Do I start the game with UFOLoader.exe or with Xcommusic.exe???

and btw, inside UfoExtender.ini there is no mp3 music option. The music config option is only for the CD music from PSX...

There is indeed no mp3 option as of now, nobody really tried to get me into it.

btw, what about an option for soldiers to always use the same kind of equipment? I am tired of having to change equipment every time a god damn tactical mission starts... for some reason, the computer always assigns the Psi-Amps to soldiers with weak psi skills/strenght, and give the medkits to the soldiers with strong psi!

I uploaded a test version a while ago with equipment saving. It's far from optimal but I got no feedback so far...

hey guys, thanks for this great mod.love it.

one thing, I can not seem to get the "Enable keyboard shortcuts" to work. once I:

"[battlescape Shortcuts]

Apply=1"

then the UFOLoader will not start at all. after I turn back:

"[battlescape Shortcuts]

Apply=0"

it work again.

anyway to overcome this. thanks.

I uploaded a test version a while ago with equipment saving. It's far from optimal but I got no feedback so far...

I'm having problems with XcomUtil all of sudden where it just keeps executing itself over and over in Windows XP. Reloading the missions in tactical. Dunno what happened, but it was working fine previously.

Once I fix that, I will test the new dev build.

• 3 weeks later...

Seb, do you know anything about D3DWindower and/or Windows7?

I was running WinXP, recently reformatted and installed Windows7 64-bit. I have gotten UFODefense.exe to run properly under Windows7 using Moks mod, and D3DWindower.

Problem is, when attempting to apply your Loader, D3DWindower does not seem to take effect.

I have tried entering both programs into D3DWindower and applying the appropriate settings, then executing. Again, UFODefense.exe works, UFOLoader.exe does NOT, and I cannot figure out why since both of them are running the same exe.

For more information (and a download) on D3DWindower, read here:

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...;hl=d3dwindower

Thanks in advance.

Seb, do you know anything about D3DWindower and/or Windows7?

I was running WinXP, recently reformatted and installed Windows7 64-bit. I have gotten UFODefense.exe to run properly under Windows7 using Moks mod, and D3DWindower.

Problem is, when attempting to apply your Loader, D3DWindower does not seem to take effect.

I have tried entering both programs into D3DWindower and applying the appropriate settings, then executing. Again, UFODefense.exe works, UFOLoader.exe does NOT, and I cannot figure out why since both of them are running the same exe.

For more information (and a download) on D3DWindower, read here:

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...;hl=d3dwindower

Thanks in advance.

おかしなぁ...

I tried with the version from the first post and it worked like a charm... You must put the hook on UFODefense.exe BTW, not UFOLoader.exe.

HTH,

Seb

Okay. I got that.. It worked for me under WinXP.. Windows 7 has something to do with it, I think. For some reason if I try to launch from UFOLoader.exe, it tries to open "full screen", rather than windowed.

OK, you're on your own then, as I'm still using XP here. Is there any "compatibility mode" when running programs in 7?

Okay. I got that.. It worked for me under WinXP.. Windows 7 has something to do with it, I think. For some reason if I try to launch from UFOLoader.exe, it tries to open "full screen", rather than windowed.

OK, you're on your own then, as I'm still using XP here. Is there any "compatibility mode" when running programs in 7?

I believe so. I will try messing around with it some more. I haven't even gotten D3DWindower to work 100% of the time and I can't figure out what the variable conditions are which are causing it to not work, so once I figure that out maybe that will lead me to the answer of why the loader isn't working properly.

I'll let you know if I figure anything out. If all else fails, I'll try running in compatability mode.

If anybody else out there is running Windows7 (or windows vista? Not sure how similar they are), I would appreciate if you could contribute to testing this as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Seb76. Glad to see a new master moding the game. Few master, well actually only you do the hard work, the xcomutil guy look retired and is pupil is too busy or lazy.

You plan to put some more xcomutil features in the close future? Like live alien for advance in investigations? Or make the loader compatible xcomutil? I think the problem is the splited exe files.

By the way, after MANY attempts to make all work I find that:

Using et patch solves speed problem but cause other bugs.

Using the HQ4x cause my mouse go only half screen.

Many thanks for a great work.

And PLEASE DONT LEAVE!

Hi Seb76. Glad to see a new master moding the game. Few master, well actually only you do the hard work, the xcomutil guy look retired and is pupil is too busy or lazy.

You plan to put some more xcomutil features in the close future? Like live alien for advance in investigations? Or make the loader compatible xcomutil? I think the problem is the splited exe files.

By the way, after MANY attempts to make all work I find that:

Using et patch solves speed problem but cause other bugs.

Using the HQ4x cause my mouse go only half screen.

Many thanks for a great work.

And PLEASE DONT LEAVE!

Hi Grey, thanks for the support!

I did some modifications a while ago which should rerender the loader compatible with xcomutil, but nobody gave any feedback so I don't know if it fixes the problem (also the "development" version is pretty much obsolete so don't even try it). I uploaded a new version which has support for D3D (requires DX9 to be installed). Here it fixes the speed issues, and also gives me a better image: the LCD monitor is now in its native resolution and it's the GPU that does the stretching; far better quality than the built-in stretching...

I added a mouse scaling option, try it if you have trouble with your cursor.

Seb

Just yesterday I begin to test a moded x-com CE with some compilation of mods.

1- Your loader

2- The combo patch

3- The UFO_Voices_patch__new_version_.zip

4- X_COM_Sounds.zip

5- ufo1_geotime_patch.exe

6- GEOBORD.zip

Today still testing and all works perfect. I think X-Comutil is abandoned and I no more use that. I miss a lot the new maps and other features but your mod make the sacrifice worth.

The geotime patch works and look like don?t broke anything for now, lets see later.

I try your new version today. I don?t restar my game if I can, just to see if everything work fine with save games.

Thanks.

By the way, I have some experience moding or testing Diablo2, Ja2 , Wizardry 7 and 8. If you need a tester just tell me.

I see some references to MP3. You made you OWN patch to music and sound??

Edited by Grey

Just yesterday I begin to test a moded x-com CE with some compilation of mods.

1- Your loader

2- The combo patch

3- The UFO_Voices_patch__new_version_.zip

4- X_COM_Sounds.zip

5- ufo1_geotime_patch.exe

6- GEOBORD.zip

Today still testing and all works perfect. I think X-Comutil is abandoned and I no more use that. I miss a lot the new maps and other features but your mod make the sacrifice worth.

The geotime patch works and look like don?t broke anything for now, lets see later.

I try your new version today. I don?t restar my game if I can, just to see if everything work fine with save games.

Thanks.

By the way, I have some experience moding or testing Diablo2, Ja2 , Wizardry 7 and 8. If you need a tester just tell me.

I see some references to MP3. You made you OWN patch to music and sound??

If D3D works for you, you won't need the geotime patch anymore. BTW, what's the "combo" patch about? And yes, I did my own MP3 music patch (based on the PSX CD patch I did earlier). I did no work on the sound however (except from restoring the intro sound effects).

19jul2009

The d3d patch fix the geoscape time?

The sound patch I use recover the old alien death sound, many people think is better than the new one. Your patch do the same?

The Combo is in ?files? area, the patch readme say that:

Description Fixes a number of problems dealing with the TERRAIN, MAPS and ROUTES game folders all wrapped up into one package. This is not meant to be a mod of the game folders but rather an update of what was intended by the original programmers. Here is a short list of the issues which are patched:

- Aliens can now exit from both exterior doors in the Supply Ship instead of only one.

- The spawn point near the steps in the General Stores module is now reserved for X-COM units.

- Destroyed mountainous terrain tiles point to "scorched earth" instead of a stump object.

- Stumps in the mountainous terrain point to the correct death tiles.

- The Line Of Fire (LOF) "hole" in center-North wall segment in the Lightning points to the correct template.

- Troops can no longer deploy from the diagonals in the Lightning.

- "Invisible" pillars fill the gaps between the diagonal walls of the Lightning.

- The LOF templates are extended to fill the gap between the walls and the floor in the Lightning.

- The small patch of sand floating in mid-air in one of the desert modules has been removed.

- Two UFO floor tiles now take the normal 4 TU to walk across.

- A spawn point on the Terror Ship is now reserved for only small units (large units got stuck in a wall).

- A spawn point in the Access Lift on L1 is now reserved for only small units (large units spawned partially within a wall).

- A spawn point on the Battleship is now reserved for only small units (large units got stuck in a wall).

- Spawn points on all the UFO's are updated to be correct with respect to size of units.

- Small and large vats in an alien base have been updated to the correct properties.

This file will be updated with the latest patches to the game folders as they are reported and fixed. Simply extract into your main game folder and if prompted to overwrite anything, answer "yes to all". File Details Filesize: 14.05 KB Author: Zombie/Bomb Bloke Version: 2.2 Downloads: 598 Views: 2079

I m close to the end game, once finish I rar the patched-moded game and put a link in my blog.

Someone know how to make a webpage? I don?t like the way the blog hide all I write in the archives section.

Edit:

I m in the part of the game where you can have 8 bases and begin to make my radar net against aliens, buy 2 more Interceptors and transfer the original ones in base1 to have hangars to construct the Firestorms. And find a bug. Interceptor 1 and 2 don?t go out, they don?t react to clicks. I try disable the ?always go work? feature in your loader.

Edit:

Yup, is the "Crafts Always Ready=0" feature, the ship act as damaged or refuelled state I think, no answer to the clicks. Only 2 ships, the other 4 work normal. Is one of the best features. Disable that mod fix the error.

Can help you in some way to fix this?

Edit:

The fuel bug is solved, even if you set 0. Transfered Crafts Refueled=0 Why?

How can the loader work for xcomutil if is splited the exe?

-They come in this order: Sectoid, Floater, Muton, Snakeman. This never appens to me. Ethereals don?t show, and im in the month of july.

Normally they come: Sectoid, Floater, Snakeman, Ethereal and Mutton?

Look like I need to begin all again...

Edited by Grey

19jul2009

The d3d patch fix the geoscape time?

I enabled wait for VSync with D3D so it should limit the speed. Try it and see if that works ^^

The sound patch I use recover the old alien death sound, many people think is better than the new one. Your patch do the same?

Nope, the mp3 patch is only for the music. I don't know if putting the old sounds requires a patch to the binary or only resource files overwriting.

The Combo is in ?files? area, the patch readme say that:

This file will be updated with the latest patches to the game folders as they are reported and fixed. Simply extract into your main game folder and if prompted to overwrite anything, answer "yes to all". File Details Filesize: 14.05 KB Author: Zombie/Bomb Bloke Version: 2.2 Downloads: 598 Views: 2079

I see, resource mods should work OK with the loader.

And find a bug. Interceptor 1 and 2 don?t go out, they don?t react to clicks. I try disable the ?always go work? feature in your loader.

Edit:

Yup, is the "Crafts Always Ready=0" feature, the ship act as damaged or refuelled state I think, no answer to the clicks. Only 2 ships, the other 4 work normal. Is one of the best features. Disable that mod fix the error.

Can help you in some way to fix this?

Can you provide a savegame? This rings a bell. While a craft is being repaired, it's fuel level can stay at 0 so you cannot send it. What's the refueling status?

The fuel bug is solved, even if you set 0. Transfered Crafts Refueled=0 Why?

Sorry, can you explain this part?

How can the loader work for xcomutil if is splited the exe?

Some stuff may still work. The loader will keep reloading/repatching the executables between each phases. Obviously if it tries to patch something that was modified to make split executables work, something will go wrong ;-)

?Can you provide a savegame? This rings a bell. While a craft is being repaired, it's fuel level can stay at 0 so you cannot send it. What's the refueling status??

-Nope, I feel stupid, no savegame, but I reactivate the mod and see what appens. The refuel and or repair status is ok, no reason for stay in the base.

?The fuel bug is solved, even if you set 0. Transfered Crafts Refueled=0 Why?

Sorry, can you explain this part??

-I DON?T activate this part of the loader, but the game act like is activated. Is not important, but maybe give a clue about some direction of memory giving trouble. I paste my settings here:

; UFO Extender - Mod for X-COM

; See <http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=User:Seb76> for more details.

; Copyright ? 2008,2009 Seb76

;

; This file is part of UFO Extender.

;

; UFO Extender is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify

; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

; the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or

; (at your option) any later version.

;

; UFO Extender is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of

; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the

; GNU General Public License for more details.

;

; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License

; along with UFO Extender. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

[Loader]

Executable=UFO Defense.exe

[Equipment Screen]

Show Stats=1

Weight=Weight>

Accuracy=Accur>

Reaction=React>

Psi Strength=P.Str>

Psi Skill=P.Skill>

Show Grenade State=0

Primed=primed

Save Equipment=0

Auto Flares=0

[Music]

Apply=0

Source=MP3

;Source=PSX CD

CD Drive=F

MP3 Folder=mp3

Battlescape=*Battlescape*.mp3

Start Menu=*Final Briefing*.mp3

Bad Ending=*Final Briefing*.mp3

Good Ending=*Dogfight*.mp3

Geoscape=*Geoscape*.mp3

Dogfight=*Dogfight*.mp3

Mission Debriefing=*Debriefing*.mp3

UFO Assault=*Briefing1.mp3

Base Defense=*Briefing2.mp3

Base Attack=*Briefing1.mp3

Mars=*Debriefing*.mp3

Terror Mission=*Briefing2.mp3

[Wreck Analysis]

Apply=1

Zone Discovered=Intel found out that the %s UFO was raiding %s

Mission Discovered=Inspection showed that the %s UFO was on an %s mission

Both Discovered=Ship investigation revealed that the %s UFO was on an %s mission in %s

[Roswell]

Apply=0

;Terrain names

Jungle=Jungle

Farm=Farm

Mountain=Mountain

Desert=Desert

Polar=Polar

;Dialog strings

Title=UFO Incident

Info=Crash reported

Location=LOCATION

Type=TYPE

Terrain=TERRAIN

[Range Based Accuracy]

Apply=1

Minimum Efficiency=50

Snap Penalty Distance=30

Auto Penalty Distance=14

Orange Cursor Threshold=95

Red Cursor Threshold=75

[Line Of Fire Check]

Mind Control=0

Panic=0

Mind Probe=0

[bug Fix]

Tactical Scroll=0

Pay For Dirt=1

Phantom Radar=1

Base Disjoint=1

Radar Stacking=1

Base Facility Dismantle-Construction Crash=1

Collectors Edition Blaster Bomb Bug=1

Video Pitch=0

Proximity Grenades=0

Proximity Grenades Experience=0

Transfered Crafts Refueled=0

Elerium-fueled Craft Bug=1

Displayed Base Maintenance Cost=1

Intro Sounds=0

Music Change Freeze=0

Door Jam=1

Personnel Overflow=0

Funky Fire=0

[Mod]

More Reaction Fire=1

Hot Grenades=0

Alien Inventory=1

Save Reserve Mode=1

Retaliate Against Ground Assault=0

Rank In Inventory=0

Skip Intro=0

No Blaster Bomb Drift=0

Manual Interception Fire Mode=1

Crafts Always Ready=0

Stunned units KIA=0

Keep Base Navigation Modules=0

Base Building Stacking=0

More Smoke=0

Force Language=1

Funding Council Income Only=0

Surrender Defence Missions=0

Disable Base Defenses=0

Initial Alien Bases=0

Heavy Laser=0

Stun Fest=0

Fast Base Defenses=0

Reorder Soldiers In Crafts=0

No Funkers=1

Bloodthirst=0

Limited Military=0

De-equip Crafts=1

TFTD Doors=1

Assign All Personnel=0

HQ4x=0

D3D=1

Scale Mouse=0

[Hack]

No Score Game Over=0

Big Brother=0

Alien Pets=0

No Alien Psi=0

Directly Use Alien Weapons=0

Recover All Clips=0

Show All Locations=0

[initial Base]

Apply=1

row1=HangarTL HangarTR HangarTL HangarTR HangarTL HangarTR

row2=HangarBL HangarBR HangarBL HangarBR HangarBL HangarBR

row3=AccessLift Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

row4=GeneralStores LivingQuarters SmallRadar Laboratory Workshop Empty

row5=Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

row6=Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty Empty

[Caps]

Apply=0

Time Units=80

Health=60

Strength=70

Energy=100

Reactions=100

Firing Accuracy=120

Melee Accuracy=120

Throwing Accuracy=120

Psi Skill=100

[battlescape Shortcuts]

Apply=0

End Turn=Return

Multilevel View=

Show Map=

Center On Unit=

Inventory=Space

Kneel=

Next Unit=Tab

Next Unit Skip Current=Back

View Up=Prior

View Down=Next

Go Up=Up

Go Down=Down

Left Menu=Left

Right Menu=Right

Unit Stats=

Options=Escape

Lift Off=

Reserve None=1

Reserve Snap=2

Reserve Auto=3

Reserve Aimed=4

[Geoscape Shortcuts]

Apply=0

Rotate Right=Right

Rotate Left=Left

Rotate Up=Up

Rotate Down=Down

Zoom In=MouseWheelUp

Zoom Out=MouseWheelDown

Geo Speed1=1

Geo Speed2=2

Geo Speed3=3

Geo Speed4=4

Geo Speed5=5

Geo Speed6=6

Intercept=MouseMiddle

Bases=B

Graphs=G

Ufopaedia=U

Options=Escape

Fundings=F

[OBDATA.DAT]

Apply=0

;Make grenades indestructible to allow stacking several explosions

Grenade Resistance=255

;Make HE packs capable of breaching UFO walls

High Explosive Damage=200

Heavy Plasma Weight=10

Edit:

Well, 2 min. after I post the ethereals show up :-p

There?s the link to a save game where the Interceptors 1 and 3 don?t work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywmydzzz2ji/GAME_6.rar

Edited by Grey

There?s the link to a save game where the Interceptors 1 and 3 don?t work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywmydzzz2ji/GAME_6.rar

OK I got it. This is caused by not enabling the "Transfered Crafts Refueled" option and transfering a craft while "Crafts Always Ready" is enabled. The transfered craft has zero fuel so it cannot be launched. And since it is already in a "ready" state, it will never refuel again... I'll see what I can do to prevent that.

Seb

Wow! That was fast! Ok, lets try another. In this one you must shoot the ethereal inside the ship from the roof using the closest guy. The ethereal many times survive the shoot and answer with the stun weapon, the game crash to desktop. Repeatable error. I try many times. Anyway, none of these error are hard enough to cancel, once I finish the game I put a link to rar complete game, people that don?t know how to put many patches can unrar and play.

What do you think? I m not sure if this is abandonware.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnnnumdgdif/GAME_6.rar

To prevent the error unify Transfered Crafts Refueled=1 and Crafts Always Ready=1?

I don?t activate Transfered Crafts Refueled=1 because I play imagining they transfer the ship without fuel for security, I think is not too much people using that child style of thinking and nobody complain.

Edited by Grey

Wow! That was fast! Ok, lets try another. In this one you must shoot the ethereal inside the ship from the roof using the closest guy. The ethereal many times survive the shoot and answer with the stun weapon, the game crash to desktop. Repeatable error. I try many times. Anyway, none of these error are hard enough to cancel, once I finish the game I put a link to rar complete game, people that don?t know how to put many patches can unrar and play.

What do you think? I m not sure if this is abandonware.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnnnumdgdif/GAME_6.rar

To prevent the error unify Transfered Crafts Refueled=1 and Crafts Always Ready=1?

I don?t activate Transfered Crafts Refueled=1 because I play imagining they transfer the ship without fuel for security, I think is not too much people using that child style of thinking and nobody complain.

I could reproduce a crash at address 0x410421, I'm still investigating. BTW I see you're using D3D, is everything working OK with it? I hardly got any feedback.

Edit: looks like it crashes only with the "More Reaction Fire" option enabled. I have a little idea as to what causes the crash but I'm not sure yet.

Edited by Seb76