XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Infinite soldier progression?

backthief

I remember back in the 90s that i was playing some x-com 1 version or whatever i cant remember that i could train my soldiers past the normal limits (over 80 TUs, over 60 Health...).I remember having soldier with 100+ TUs, without using any exploits.

Anyone knows how i can unlock the progression to let my soldiers go beyond the normal?

They forgot to include stat caps in a early release of the game. It was actually very bad because it both imbalanced the game, and caused soldiers to really cripple themselves when their stats get too high. For example, when strength gets too high, they become unable to throw far, and when their combined stats reach 255, they'll cycle back to 1.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Indeed, if soldiers are left in the psi lab to train for a very, very long time after they've hit their max psi skill.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

UFO extender has an option i the .ini to edit the cap of the soldiers...the problem is that the soldiers progress trough porcentage and not points it seems. So by putting a larger cap, the soldiers progress too quick therefore making the game too easy =(

(SOldiers with 100TUs, 100aim in less than 10 missions sucks)