XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Would You Like To Become An X-Com Operative?

Extralucas

Would you like to become an X-Com Agent?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, getting in there shall be the more exciting and marvellous thing, if you forget get a girlfriend.
Do you want spanish place? Find me and I'll help you with it.

- ¡AAAAAAA, una crisálida en el armariooooooooooooo!
- What does he say?
- He said he found a cocroach in his wardrobe
- Ha!, give me your shoe...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
1. I'd wear a layer of tinfoil inside my helmet
2. I'd use a mouthguard

Those are the TWO things operatives need on X-COM Apocalypse. Tinfoil and Mouthguards. Damn brainsuckers.

As for the first X-COM, I'd be the guy at the back with the shotgun who mows all his teammates down but also kills the aliens. Merely because I do that ALL the time on Alien Swarm. Well, that, or set them on fire. My inner Pyromaniac <3 teh Alien Swarm flamer.

For all you mooncalves who don't want to join X-Com, just think of this:
The aliens take over the world, your girlfriend (or potential) goes good-bye. Your rep is ruined, because you missed a chance to avert disaster. And no more makin' out!

[quote name='Azrael' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:33 AM']And think of the chicks who love men in uniform ;)
[right][post="94160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]Knowing the chicks around here*, they'd probably go for the zombies rather than the men.

M - Hi Cindy, do you want to go out with me?
F - Like, no way! You're like, totally not my type.
M - Damn.
*gets hit by chrysalid*
Z - Blaargh!
F - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Z - Blargh?
F - You're sooooo cute! Can I go out with you?
Z - Blaaaargh!
F - Yay!

:rolleyes:

[i]*here Portugal, not here forum. still, i might've exaggerated a bit :P[/i]

Damn...
Womanizing is definitely NOT the thing that's on my mind if I think I can be usefull in helping the wiping of the human race...
(and making babies at this time would only create more Chrysalid food)

Then again, I'd be FAR more usefull to XCOM as an Engineer/scientist... And I've always found the distinction between the two as completely preposterous... Why not have technical/biomedical staff instead??? THAT would make sense...

[quote name='ChinShu' date='Sep 12 2004, 11:33 PM']I voted no for an X-Com person. Sure, it'll be easier once troops have Psi/MC, alien weapons, and armor, but I hate to be one of the first hired by X-Com...[/quote]
It's better to be at first, so you're a rookie when you have to fight the weaker aliens, think being a newbie fighting etherials or mutons :spank:

A rookie in power armor strapped with a laser rifle/alien grenades or a heavy plasma still have lots more chances to survive, even a Muton or Ethereal, because teh big guys will usually be up front taking care of things...
Compare this to a mere T-shirt guy armed with a measly pistol, and I'm telling ya which one will survive... :LOL:

• 2 months later...
Depends on which game you're talking. UFO Defense, I'd join up in a heartbeat. You're talking about the 20k a month, but don't forget that soldiers get twice that for a starting bonus. Cha-ching. But why is it that engineers and scientists get paid more?

I'd like to be a soldier in the first X-COM from the beginning, with just those piddly 6.7mm rifles. Which side would you be on here?

:uzzi: :plasma:

Nobody in the world even uses that caliber. But then there's always the good ol' AC, with its HE and IC ammo.

As for TFTD, NO FRIGGING WAY! After playing that game, I'm hydrophobic anyway (JK). Frigging lobstermen. 'Nuff said. Then there's the tentaculats, which are like flying chryssalids, but dumber.

Interceptor, hells yeah. I'd love to be a pilot.

Apoc, yeah. Even at the start, if I've got one of those Marsec M4000s, I'm good to go. Then once you get shields, disruptor armor and a toxigun or devastator, you're an instant badass.

• 2 months later...
Hablando con el español

- Capitan SupSuper.

- Señor Si Señor!!!!

- Llegara Ud. a esa colina y le metera un tiro en el trasero a ese pinche sectoide antes de que nos aviste y mande a sus lideres a confundirnos.

- Si Señor!!!

- Vaya.

Oh i forgot, I´d also love to be a pilot... Edited by Adun_Toridas

Um, no habla español?

Anyway, I definitely would NOT want to be an X-Corps operative. Especially since you start as a recruit, and you'll have to take orders:

"Private Astyanax, why don't you take point when we assault this Alien Dreadnaught..."
"But I don't have any armor and only have these primed grenades!"
"Are you disobeying orders, SOLDIER?"
"No Sir!"

*boom*
"Haha, another one bites the dust..." Edited by Astyanax

[quote name='Azrael' date='Feb 24 2005, 09:59 AM']Nada mal, falta pulir un poco eso pero nada mal, estudias español? :)
[right][post="112009"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Como que pulir!!! yo soy Peruano y en el Peru se habla el castellano como lengua materna, y esta lo es de mi... :P

En fin, y tu de donde eres azrael?

Claro, en el Patio se pone lo que se quiera, mientras no ofenda a nadie, además, Red Knight también habla en español (es Argentino)
But let's stick with english on these threads so the rest can understand us, we will continue our *coughs* conquest plans later ;)

Besides the 8-10 years it requires to become elite enough to be recruited I would do it. Even though it involves 'never existing' and living at a secret base in the middle of nowhere, I would do it. You fight aliens who use weapons that kill you in any armour(T-Shirts the whole game), I would do it.

You get to knock out civilians at will, shoot things, shoot things with lasers, throw grenades liek they are going out of style, and in general raise ten kinds of heck and hopefully kill a non-human sentient.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Muahahahaha! Kill them all! KILL THEM ALL! I'd join as soon as I heard about it

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='Nov 20 2003, 06:57 AM']I would love to be an xcom operative stationed in america. Or england because those are the only two countries which predominatly speak my language! :P
[right][post="53557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wow. Australia? We speak English too thanks, and damn well I might add.

I would be in it for sure, but only if it was after they had developed some decent armour!

Man, I would join X-com without even thinking. Though, if I join, I'll go for fighterpilot. Flying an Avenger sounds really cool, especially considering the moves that that thing should be able to do. Fly backwards, go to mach five within seconds, slide sideways, up and down and blast everything to pieces. heck, if I'm supposed to drop an x-com team of at a terrorsite or something while flying an Avenger or Lightning, I would probably start flying at low altitude and give them some cover just for the fun of it. :devillaugh: TFTD, I would join, but i would start asking for an old lasercannon or even plasmacannon so that I can shoot them down over land without having them be able to shoot back. :NyaNyaNya:
Interceptor, never played it, but flying a real spaceship sounds like fun. Apocalypse, this is one of those where I prefer not to fly, the aliens are so damn annoying, there're gangmembers, you'll blow up half the city to get a silly probe. I would be able to join the groundcrew though, grab two old working laser pistols out of the X-com museum and go on a dual-wielding, diruptorshielded rampage.
I never finished it but considering the fact that the ufopedia is constantly talking about how everything is powered by a powerplant in the alien dimension, does this mean that your troops are stranded in heck after completing the game? If so, I would probably catch a serious cold just before the mission starts. *cough* :innocent:

• 1 month later...
20k a month as a soldier, hah, like you would even see that money, if thier were commander's like me the troops and scientists would get transferred to new bases and "accidently" have the pay left at the old base which then gets given to the commander's slush fund... er i mean to the good of XCOM and humanity.

Though i would love to join as a pilot, and in Apoc when flying vehicles I would actually just hover and strafe dodge while blowing up UFO's instead of just dancing around trying to do weird useless manouvers.

Though in Enemy Unknown I would join as a pilot, and would fly interceptors happily, just as long as i got paid, and the commader doesnt send me on any solo's against a battleship.

I would join up easily. Saving the world is something i would love to do :)

tsereve, 25% casualties for firestorms? I send lightnings against battleships and shoot them down - yes i know you posted that forever ago

• 4 months later...
I voted no. Why? Because I've seen how some commanders handle the heat of battle.

*Soldier 1 steps off the craft* Zap! Dead.
Duh, lets do that again.
*Soldier 2 steps off the craft* Zap! Dead.
Duh, lets try that again,
*Soldier 3 steps off the craft* Zap! Dead.
Duh, how about now?
*Soldier 4 steps off the craft* Zap! Dead.

And so the story continues until the whole crew is lost. Kinda reminds me of WWI warfare. Charge! *Whole platoon stands up and is subsequently mowed down by machine gun fire*

So sorry, no thanks. :)

- Zombie

• 1 month later...
If my last four starting stats were:

Reactions: 30
Accuracy: 40
Throwing Accuracy: 80
Strength: 40

I might consider it, if the pension was good. Because those are good stats for grenade chucker guy and grenader chucker guy gets to toss high explosives from cover, far, far away from cyberdiscs and tentaculats.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh heck why not I would join and if xcom is made up of soliders from various elite forces then i can't see the issue of 'if your dead no one will know how or when' because its like that in the SAS and other forces anyway. Besides 20K of cash, latest tec weaponary, total immunity from prosecution over alien abuse by shooting them, burning them, MCthem into probing each other *let's see how they like it for a change mawahaha*.

Oh and being able to go to mars...just as long as we can the avanger the [i]Enterprise[/i]

I don't see why I wouldn't. Of course, if I was a soldier in peak physical form then of course I would. Handsome 5-figure salary, get to doss around most of the time, occasional shooting at aliens. One thing I may or may not be so cool about is the experimental Mind Control Implant brain surgery.

I've given some more thought, and read about the fighter pilot thing

I think it would be cool to be a fighter pilot, but no matter how cool, i'm still the ground pounder type, so thats still my choice

just don't volunteer for MC implant first

• 2 months later...
I would do it, sign up to be an engineer, "Honey, I have 20 minutes to speak to you, get a dictaphone in less than two minutes, and I'll teach you how to make laser cannons. We're sending the kids to Harvard!" Imagine the psi-amp possibilities, "Yyyyesss, I dooo waaant thee twentyyy million dollaaars given tooo heee..... GAAH! HELP, SOMEONE'S CONTRO..... geeh excuuse meee, aaas I waaas saayying..."

• 9 months later...

Only if the commander had L33t H4x. :D

I totally wouldnt be an agent though, Id be the first engineer ever.. to have an INVENTORY :O!

Ya srsly. Id sit there during base raids making guns out of plumbing from the living quarters, then totally WTF-pwning all aliens that come near my fellow scientists and engineers Lmao

• 5 months later...