XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Least Favorite Combat Landscape

stewart

What's your least favorite landscape  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alex the greater
farm cause its is to common and always looks the same no matter whare it is
a farmland in amarica is the same as a farmland in europe is the same as a farmland in asia

i hope this is defrent in xenocide
give amaracan farms lots and lots of corn, give asian farm rice paddys, and europein farms windmills

also do the same for citys give each one a diffrent tille set cause tokyo doesount look like london

and add more geografical detail to the world map insted of usa being all farmland whith a small pach of deasert give it forests on the east coast farms for the midwest (but amarican farms whith corn) put plains in the great plians put mountons in the rocky mountons for the southwest put deasert and for the pificic northwest put temprite rainforest Edited by alex the greater

• 1 month later...
I hate Mars - dark, aliens have good accuracy, good reactions, and dark...

Jungle is pretty cool when you get Psi and Blaster Launcher. I sometimes, Psi all the aliens, make them drop all their equipment and make then spread them out over the map. After that, I take all of my troops to the Avenger and sit for 3 turns.

Then it's hunting time! :devillaugh:

• 3 months later...
I'd definately have to say Snow and Desert (though I picked Snow) because there's no cover or anything, which I find very boring. It simply becomes a game of who can spot who first, and who has the better base-chance-to-hit <_<

Jungle. Difficult to move through the terrain unless you use explosives, but then you remove the stealth option. Not that aliens can't see you anyway because of your soldiers' lights...

The first time I met chryssalids was a jungle night terror ship shootdown. Didn't know they were snakemen 'cause I didn't have the hyperwave decoder yet. Moved my guys in twos and used a lot of flares, but not much IC ammo. Only had personal armor, just got plasma rifles (not enough ammo to go around so everyone only had the one clip and a laser pistol) and didn't want the smoke to knock out anyone or block the view even more than night and jungle already did.

I lost everyone in that mission except for three soldiers.

I'd vote desert and snow, but in the desert the footsteps sound metallic and not sand, which I consider a bug. There is some way to make those sound as they shall? I don't like there's no place to hide neither my soldiers nor the aliens, no fun. And if we add at least sectoids see far away during night...
The link for the caves with spawnpoints is broken.

[quote name='Admiral Harkov' date='Dec 18 2004, 06:23 PM']I'd vote desert and snow, but in the desert the footsteps sound metallic and not sand, which I consider a bug. There is some way to make those sound as they shall? I don't like there's no place to hide neither my soldiers nor the aliens, no fun. And if we add at least sectoids see far away during night...
The link for the caves with spawnpoints is broken.
[right][post="103035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
hmm, they sound (more or less) like sand to me?
about the broken link : [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6337&hl="]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6337&hl=[/url]

I just want to add some colour to this thread:

[img]http://ufopaedia.xcomufo.com/pics/terrain.gif[/img]

Sorry it's missing X-Com and Alien Bases, as well as City and Mars, but I created it earlier this year for a thread on XTC ^_^ Edited by Danial

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Dec 18 2004, 09:59 PM']hmm, they sound (more or less) like sand to me?[/quote]
I get sand sound where the floor has been damaged by an explosion, if it's clean I get the sound like inside ufos but echoed, I mean, if in a ufo or the skyranger it sound "clank-clank-clank" in the desert they sound "clankCLANKclank-clankCLANKclank-clankcCLANKclank" :KooKoo: :Hyper:

• 9 months later...
Wow, I'm shocked more people didn't say mountains. I always lose several soldiers in that 'scape. Entering those caves is always like entering alien ships. Around a corner you are always point blank from some nasty scary Muton with a Heavy P-.

I always wait and shoot down ships until after they've gone over the mountains. Farms are preferable, but deserts are the best. IMO :>

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I try to shoot down alien spaceships (UFO does not mean spaceship) in the desert or snow so they do not have cover. Then the HWPs go out to find them so my snipers can shoot them from afar. Also, desert and snow lights up the most with a flare so night attacks are tolerable.

The jungle is the worst since it will take a long time to clear it all out and it is much harder to shoot them from far away.