XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Do You Shoot Always?

Ana

If a one guy sees Alien?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think that all guys have radios and they coomunicate, so they have 'rights' to shoot always when they can. Or is it that if one guy is going to die, you let him because others can't see the alien. I'm not sure... but what do you think?

Scout never shoots, all the people who doesn't actually see the alien, shoots first because stupid alien won't react to that.. If no-one else can't take him down, then I shoot with the guy who saw the alien in the first place. This way you get minimum losses.

I shoot the alien with every single soldier that can until the alien is dead

I do the same thing, except I take it one step further. All the guys in the back with laser rifles will shoot, even if there's no line of fire. I'll shoot through hedges, doors, and walls. Heavy cannons and rockets help alot when 10 soldiers are shooting through entire city blocks. That alien will not survive. :uzzi2: :alientalk:

I shoot with everyone available. The aliens must die at ALL costs!!

:flame: :uzzi: :alienoooh: :plasma:

Its a shame that there weren't more choices in this poll. I didn't vote as my tactics vary alot from everyone panic fires on one alien. It leaves far too much open for other aliens to react fire on the rest of the team that have spent their TU's getting one alien. Tut, tut. You guys have just opened the easiest counter tactics for the xenocide team ;)

My strategy is to send out fire teams in groups. From a skyranger three teams of four men and one team of five (usually the highest rank soldier) and they spread out in a sweep and clear pincer maneuver around the map.

The combined firepower of the fireteams is always enough to take down even the hardiest muton. If any of the other team members gets shot, there are always at least three other soldiers with medpacks to heal and take out the alien threat.

Its a shame that there weren't more choices in this poll. I didn't vote as my tactics vary alot from everyone panic fires on one alien. It leaves far too much open for other aliens to react fire on the rest of the team that have spent their TU's getting one alien. Tut, tut. You guys have just opened the easiest counter tactics for the xenocide team ;)

My strategy is to send out fire teams in groups. From a skyranger three teams of four men and one team of five (usually the highest rank soldier) and they spread out in a sweep and clear pincer maneuver around the map.

The combined firepower of the fireteams is always enough to take down even the hardiest muton. If any of the other team members gets shot, there are always at least three other soldiers with medpacks to heal and take out the alien threat.

I know this sounds stupid :huh: but really what I want to ask is do you have ever thougt that it is some kind of cheating to fire so accurate without seeing that alien. When I first time when I was younger started to playing, I thought that if my all my men can't see Alien only those who see can fire full accuracy, but then it turn out that all my men can shoot. And I started to use that option sometimes now when I started to play again few weeks ago I didn't remembered that first. It didn't belong to my tactics to shoot when my men can't see with beginner level but when I now play with harder difficulty I don't hesitate.

More range between you and the alien == higher chance that your bullet will miss the target. This really allows even the tiniest of drift in your bullet's trajectory to push away from its target. I've actually seen 100+% accurate shots miss.

Besides, the game maps aren't really that big and you'd actually be able to see the alien from one end of the map to the other if it were in real life. You just cannot 'target' the alien until it comes within your line of sight (or, in other words, until you are made aware that it's there).

Then again, there are also scopes. ;)

- NKF

Actually, it seems that the percentage is the same from any distance. It appears that if the weapon rolls a good enough number, the shot automatically goes to hit.

One thing I've noticed, is that cover really helps. Most hitting shots go directly for the torso, but you can see an alien with much less exposed. That's why aliens behind tables/on top of buildings, are so much harder to hit. Your agents will only aim for the part that their weapon can shoot at, reducing their aim alot. You'll really notice this with aliens on top of buildings, or behind tables. All your "good" shots hit the table, instead of the alien.

Scout never shoots, all the people who doesn't actually see the alien, shoots first because stupid alien won't react to that.. If no-one else can't take him down, then I shoot with the guy who saw the alien in the first place. This way you get minimum losses.

Ditto

Actually, it seems that the percentage is the same from any distance. It appears that if the weapon rolls a good enough number, the shot automatically goes to hit.

One thing I've noticed, is that cover really helps. Most hitting shots go directly for the torso, but you can see an alien with much less exposed. That's why aliens behind tables/on top of buildings, are so much harder to hit. Your agents will only aim for the part that their weapon can shoot at, reducing their aim alot. You'll really notice this with aliens on top of buildings, or behind tables. All your "good" shots hit the table, instead of the alien.

i've noticed this too. Its correct.