XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Dont Give Up!

rjpeers

I just want to let the TEAM know to PLEEEEEEASE!!!! DONT GIVE UP on this!! Looking and listening to whats on the x-net along with the other stuff on the xenocide website, you guys have worked waaay to hard to give up on this.

*The planetview shots look absolutely marvelous!!! I think thats what everyone en-visioned it to be.

**The Laser rifle!! OOOOOOOOOH SHINY!!! I like SHINY!!! Where do I get one. Along with the pistol they both are fantastic.

*** I cant wait to blast those greys...especially that lil sucker walking around on x-net like he owned it. :D

Here's a question for you. I've seen a lot of the hard work that has gone into the graphics, but what about the mechanics. The things we dont see, like accuracy and hit points, stun damage, etc. How is all of the math working out as you progress?

By the way...all the creative text on the x-net is very well done and thought out. Great job.

Not to mention the music is waaaaay cool. Perfect tone for taking on an alien menace.

If I ever win the lottery....your getting paychecks!!!

Edited by rjpeers

Yeah, I can't wait. I know you guys are working hard. Even with all these new games coming out every few monthes Xenocide stands to take the most of my future time.

I don't check the site as often because i think everything has been discussed pretty much. If you really scan the forums I can't think of anything else to say. I think, like many others, we are just biding our time and waiting, knowing that this is the only way we will ever get to play a new and improved version of one of the best games of all time.

On another note, its funny how old games are coming back in vogue. So many remakes and "spiritual" successors. Fallout 3 is finnally in the works. Supreme Commander is pretty much an uber Total Annihilation. Bioshock is pretty much uber system shock. I know there are others, just can't think of em now.

You bet were waiting. Although I cant help at the moment, I might be able to join in down the road(few weeks if all goes well)

Which is why I've tried to throw in my 2 cents worth here and there to maybe bring some fresh ideas to the table.

GARAK is right when he says that everything has been talked about, but a lot of the topics are rather old time-wise. Some new discussions/ideas would be welcome Im sure...although with sooooo many ideas I dont think you can cram them all into one game. Xenocide 1.5 cleaning up earth after the battle on mars...segway to Xenocide 2...watery grave???

Im more than interested to hear/talk about what could happen/be done to make this and future products great.

Maybe throw out some fresh artwork, music,text, screenshots. Something to bring back some new interest!

• 4 months later...
Guest Azrael
Maybe throw out some fresh artwork, music,text, screenshots. Something to bring back some new interest!

Wouldn't that be great! Unfortunately, and I hope no one takes this as an offense (but I'm sure someone will :P), Xeno's lack of efficient (or decent, at least) management has led it to the tomb it currently is in, sleeping if you'd be so optimistic. What we need is not new interest, we just need any interest at all. Xeno's only hope are the two or three programmers who are still working on it, but the fact that we seem to have two separate codebases is not a very good omen to me, no matter what official claims are about experimental branch, or whatever, I've learnt to see past official senior comments (I was one, I should know :laugh:).

I really hope someone can attract interest, but I don't see it happening any time soon if we continue on this path, I have a particular love for PX so it's sad for me to say or see this :(

Wouldn't that be great! Unfortunately, and I hope no one takes this as an offense (but I'm sure someone will :P), Xeno's lack of efficient (or decent, at least) management has led it to the tomb it currently is in, sleeping if you'd be so optimistic. What we need is not new interest, we just need any interest at all. Xeno's only hope are the two or three programmers who are still working on it, but the fact that we seem to have two separate codebases is not a very good omen to me, no matter what official claims are about experimental branch, or whatever, I've learnt to see past official senior comments (I was one, I should know :laugh:).

I really hope someone can attract interest, but I don't see it happening any time soon if we continue on this path, I have a particular love for PX so it's sad for me to say or see this :(

If this project dies...

:crying1:

So don't die.

If you build it, they will come...

Yeah releasing some artwork will spark a little bit of interest but what we really need is to release a semi-playable demo like dteviot has been outlining. Something to intercept UFOs on the geoscape, conduct research, build/maintain bases, almost everything outside of the battlescape. That would be sure to generate alot of interest. :)

But you do know enough to make terrific 3d models! :)

Thanks, (though I didn't make that model I only skinned it) hopefully I will have some time to continue where I left off...and maybe help on other models. I have surgery Friday, so maybe a couple months after that.

Thanks guys, I leave tonight to be there for early morning op... They told me at my pre op won't be able to use right arm for around 6 months :( I'll still be checking in and trying to help though photoshop will be hard with only my left, as I am right handed.

Thanks again

Jasin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
(it's still rude to post in a language no one bar a few here understand)
Actually, no1 but the greeks, that usually means just myself :P

The point was that vangelis is the greeklish version of "Βαγγέλης", which is a greek name, so I spoke to my felow greek in hope that it'll make him feel more comfortable :O

Nevertheless, it seems that there are always people checking the progress of the project, that's good :)

We'll do our best Βαγγέλη, να'σαι σίγουρος! ;)

Thanks for your countenance people, it's always greatly appreciated :)

Hey! Hi bro! Thanks for the risk you took to reply in Greek! Glad to meet a brother who's in the team! ;)

Don't worry people, was just a friendly Greek welcome. ;)

Congratulations and best wishes to all the team members!!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Wow. Its been a year and what a lot of progress!!! The video was very cool guys. I love how Norht america and the other continents light up at night...thats fabulous. Looks like a lot of stuff got ironed out menu wise to. Awesome job ...and like I said before DONT GIVE UP!!!

##(by the way, my old account for rjpeers could probably go. I long since forgot it and registered with a new name/e-mail. Let me know where to go to delete it please) Thanks

• 3 months later...

its been a while since i checked here and almost forgot about it untill i moved and found my old x-com disk. i have just downloaded the 0.4.0.18 and cant wait to get home to try it.

its good to see you are still working on it.

i am so excieted about this project. ROFL