XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Wonderful New Xenocide Demo!

gamebro

Well I have not checked up on UFO2000 or Xenocide in a few months, so I was quite surprise to see both groups with updates!

I was unable to get the new build of Xenocide to run on my PC (using vista ultimate 32bit).

So I checked out the movie and was very pleased with how the geoscape is going! The fact that this will be multiplayer, 2 player campaign just fills me with utter joy! I can't wait to blast my brothers alien bases off the face of earth.

But I'll have to wait... It has taken how many years to get this far? Hey, I love this project, and I like what I see, but seriously, how long before we can download a version with playable geoscape and battle scape with multiplayer working? And I don't mean 1.0, I mean like .5 or something half way playable ^_^ A couple years at least right? Not trying to be a jerk, I honestly hope it comes out sooner, but realistically it will take a few years right?

When you fellows complete this, you should set up a donation box! I don't think you'd be breaking any laws, as this is YOUR game (new gfx, new music ect). I would gladly donate once this game is finished and I am sure many other long time x-com fans would too!

Otherwise, please keep working on this project! There is NOBODY else, not even real game companies making a true remake of the X-com spirit, nor with any sort of multiplayer (or at least not with a geoscape\economy) =,(

I hope it doesn't take as long for the next playable update either, that was a very long wait OMG

The build works on vista, I have it running on x64, you need to have XNA framework installed and make sure you have the latest directx9.0c (yes I know vista has 10) but there are still updates to 9. So go to MS and get it..

2nd, Xenocide does not have multi-player, that is just UFO2000, ours will only be single player.

We can't give a date when something will be ready as there can always be delays, but work has already been started on planning and some design has been worked on. I would say our XNA release is building steam so keep checking back every once in a while we will be putting up releases when we hit certain points in the development. I believe a new one will be coming up very soon.

I believe we already have a donations setup, http://www.xcomufo.com/donate.html

edit - grammar.

Edited by Darkhomb

2nd, Xenocide does not have multi-player, that is just UFO2000, ours will only be single player.

...at least for v1. After that a lot is possible, but most probably first steps will be implementation of under-water fighting in the sense of TFTD. But then again, who knows what the future will hold. :)

Actually it would be EASIER to make Xeno STRICTLY two player (no AI). The only tricky part would be how to setup the alien side so it isnt a cakewalk at the beginning of the game.

You are doing great!!! I follow your work for several years now and wondered, if you are still processing. But this video is awsome especially the music. Of curse there is a lack of graphics or pictures, but this is the real XCOM-feeling I missed for so many years and I'm very excited about the next news.

But I also have to criticise something: I thougt, this project was dead because of no new information at the index-site of your homepage. It is very difficult to find real "news" in the forum, too. How about a "Hot News"-Thread or something? Or a working newsletter to subscribe at the index-page? I remember me subscribing for several times on a newsletter on this page, but never got any email :)

Keep on going, I want to believe :)

Greets from Germany,

Samurai

Guest Azrael Strife

The lack of news about progress is mainly due because the XNA branch is regarded as an "experiment" by some, the C++ branch is effectively dead despite what anyone may claim :)

News about the XNA branch should be posted at once.

No multiplayer? Wow that sucks! <_<

2 player campaign (maybe hotseat play?) would be soo awesome! UFO2000 isn't even doing that (battles only, how lame).....

Ok, well I guess a 3d remake of X-com 1, singleplayer would still be fun if done right... But I'd be lieing if I said I was still just as excited about this project now that I know there is to be no multiplayer (or at least not anytime soon). (I hope it doesn't turn out to suck like the more recent UFO games)

I'll gladly play this when it is done, and donate 10 bucks or so, depending on how fun it turns out, but I just got kicked in the balls learning there is no multi.... It is my fault, I was the dumba$$ who thought this was to be multiplayer (coulda sworn I read that it would be?) OMG

Well, keep up the good work..... You don't want to release specific dates, and I think it is kinda funny considering I didn't ask for anything specific..... I said that it would probably be years before even 0.5 is ready, and based on the SILPR (also known as-- standard issue large project response) I got..... Sounds about right (a few years) LOL.

Well I'll just check back every few months or so, and be as patient as I can be.^_^

Guest Azrael Strife
No, Az, you're mistaken there. The lack of news is due to the fact that we don't have enough manpower at the moment to pull someone of the Creative Text dept. to write news.

That too ^_^

/me dusts off his News Anchor hat and gets his gear ready