XCOMUFO & Xenocide

When Do You Think They'll Finsh...

Engy

When will Xenocide reach ver. 1.0.0.0?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want to see how optimistic or pessimistic everyone out there is. So far it has been going about 2-3 years now. Who knows sometimes people work faster when there is a deadline... :whip: Though I'm sure we can all wait as long as it takes for such a great work of art. :D :OffTopic: I really wish high school gave more than just 2 C++ classes... :OffTopic:

[quote]Next next next next next x-mas.[/quote] by Devatar on December 22, 2002.

Which would mean December of 2007, or 2 years from now.

It will be done, when it is done; what it pais off is the experience... this is a learning experience for us... Of course we are moving way faster this days thanks to our developers that are implementing stuff very fast. Kudos to all them.

Greetings
Red Knight

10 votes so far and I hate to say it but, it needs to be said. 30% of you are pure evil. Never getting done... How could you even think of that!

Everyone else thinks 2 years except one hopeful going for 1 year. (I really hope your right).

:master: Xenocide... Xenocide... Xenocide... :master:

:JK: (I got a lot riding on 2 years so you better get done.) :JK:

Ah I just had to post, whoever thinks its getting done tomorrow, I can't decide if I should hate you or love you. :Brickwall: :MakeOut: :Brickwall:

In other news :Cry: we lost one more over to the Never side. :NoNo:

[quote name='blehm' date='Jul 13 2005, 01:34 AM']LOL, i remember when our target date for the finish was this christmass 2005 - is it still there?
[right][post="124942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

actually, it was christmas 2004 :P Edited by mikker

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Engy' date='Jul 6 2005, 08:19 AM']
I just want to see how optimistic or pessimistic everyone out there is.

I don't care how much time they'll take! if they can't do it, then it'll never be, but for such a game (i think no game compares to x-com) they can take ALL the time they want, i just respect them too much for putting any pressure on such guys... (you're my heroes!) ^_^ Edited by The Machine

Actually you bring up a good ponit... or rather made me think of one.

They might never reach a ver. they are prepared to call v1.0.0.0
But it might still be an owning remake at ver. v0.9.0.0 :D

Gl and keep up the hard work (But don't work too hard I don't want this project to burn out)

this is a great idea. but the only problem í see here, is that i dont think they will ever finish the project, i think they run out of budget and cancel. if i were they, i would offer Atari ( wich i heard that have the x-com licence) this game for job programming it and money, then they would also be alloved to use x-com instead of x-corps

[quote name='Copperfield' date='Nov 3 2005, 12:24 AM']this is a great idea. but the only problem í see here, is that i dont think they will ever finish the project, i think they run out of budget and cancel. if i were they, i would offer Atari ( wich i heard that have the x-com licence) this game for job programming it and money, then they would also be alloved to use x-com instead of x-corps
[right][post="138688"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I believe you are getting the whole Open Source project completely wrong. For starters, we don't have a budget, we are all volunteers doing this for fun.
Second of all, Atari has the rights for X-Com, I don't see why they would want our code (or we would want to give it to them).
And "I don't think they will ever finish" is not "the only problem", it's just your opinion.

The number of posts is not really a good measure of how quickly it's going to get done, if at all. There was a lot of 'spinning wheels' here in the past, and a lot of lost work that needs to be redone. A better guage of whether or not it will get done is how strong and large the xcom fan community is, and how it inspires amateur and professional developers. As long as RK sticks with it, I think that it will get done eventually.

[quote name='Blood Angel' date='Nov 4 2005, 08:32 AM']That's true. RK would make the game on his own, with shattered legs and amputated arms, coding letters with his nose, letter by painstaking letter, if nobody else helped him. It would take rabid soup tins to stop RK making the game.
[right][post="138773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Ok, he's a programmer, not J_esus.

edit: why is J e s u s censored too? weird things. Edited by Azrael

yes, a lot of words are censored here

try typing out several countries you know of, i know of at least one censored country name

i think someone felt like being silly with the word filters

What I was saying is that if there was an opportunity for open Xcom develpoment, I think that people would trickle through and contribute the odd thing, because Xcom still has some fans out there. It sort of has a cult fan-base. RK needs to be here because he knows where we're and where we're going.

[quote name='Blehm 98' date='Nov 4 2005, 01:44 PM']yes, a lot of words are censored here

try typing out several countries you know of, i know of at least one censored country name

[right][post="138792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Niger is spelt with ONE "g"

I think it will take 2-4 years. I voted 4 years. I like to be pessimistic because if you don't expect a thing, or at least won't expect it soon, you get happy surprises! ^_^

[quote name='stewart' date='Nov 5 2005, 01:36 AM'][quote name='Blehm 98' date='Nov 4 2005, 01:44 PM']yes, a lot of words are censored here

[right][post="138792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Niger is spelt with ONE "g"
[right][post="138812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
:laugh:

[quote]It sort of has a cult fan-base. RK needs to be here because he knows where we're and where we're going.[/quote]

*ahum* sure, that's why I asked red knight I could set up a recruiting department to spread out the word all over the internet and finally get some more people on the development. Look at [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8642"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8642[/url]

cheers,

Thomas

[quote name='Blood Angel' date='Nov 5 2005, 03:12 PM']I did a bit on Wikipedia. Added a reference to Xenocide in the XCom entry under "spiritual successors."
[right][post="138857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Our Project is at the bottom with the "Fan-made games", I added an entry for it already.

[quote name='ATeX' date='Nov 5 2005, 09:02 AM'][quote]It sort of has a cult fan-base. RK needs to be here because he knows where we're and where we're going.[/quote]

*ahum* sure, that's why I asked red knight I could set up a recruiting department to spread out the word all over the internet and finally get some more people on the development. Look at [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8642"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8642[/url]

cheers,

Thomas
[right][post="138854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Shameless plug? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
When it's done? LOL

Long time no see... I'd love to get back on Xeno-team, but as of now I'm swamped by all sorts of stuff IRL...

V1 will come in it's due time, but the Xenocide project will not end untill few centuries, perhaps a millenia after. Upon wich the result will be such a game that human society will be ushered into a new utopian golden era. Or atleast I hope so... =b

If not, I'll be happy to have a kick-donkey X-Com-like...

Love and Peace! Edited by Aosar