XCOMUFO & Xenocide

1079 Crash

Popek

strange one this time , thought I would post.

got to turn 12. game was a heated 5 on 3 at this point until 2nd player somehow lost sync but no error message was given at the time. Thankfully were had MSN open so organized a reconnection. We both F3'd back into the game. As it was replaying the match... things were different, one of my units panicked who didn't originally (around turn 6), and another unit of my opponents remained alive. Some walls were back that were shot, including floors that had items on them that fell below and were collected.

However the 2nd player got 'assert failed at line 417 f srcmultiplay.cpp' when the game eventually got back to his turn and he chose to 'done turn' it would give him this error each time.

• 1 month later...
strange one this time , thought I would post.

got to turn 12. game was a heated 5 on 3 at this point until 2nd player somehow lost sync but no error message was given at the time. Thankfully were had MSN open so organized a reconnection. We both F3'd back into the game. As it was replaying the match... things were different, one of my units panicked who didn't originally (around turn 6), and another unit of my opponents remained alive. Some walls were back that were shot, including floors that had items on them that fell below and were collected.

However the 2nd player got 'assert failed at line 417 f srcmultiplay.cpp' when the game eventually got back to his turn and he chose to 'done turn' it would give him this error each time.

I'm aware of this one, tried putting the finger on it with no luck. This is mostly a network packet command id check that fails to identify a packet command.

For short : The command is unknown and it triggers an error since information has been lost and it's impossible to continue the game.

:excl: IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE :

Next time this "assert failed line 41* of multiplay.cpp" happens to you, before rebooting ufo2000 upload the ufo2000.log file, of both players if possible. It carries vital information on what triggered the bug.

Thank you. =b

Edited by nachtwolf