8 replies to this topic

#1 Beetle

Beetle

Programming Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:54 PM

I have just noticed it.

In debug mode, when we go to the XNet, everything crushes to the os. Something goes wrong before XNet::publish(). Strange because planetview works. :huh?:

Beetle
Posted Image

#2 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

I have just noticed it.

In debug mode, when we go to the XNet, everything crushes to the os.  Something goes wrong before XNet::publish(). Strange because planetview works.  :huh?:

Beetle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just tried it out and i get the same thing. according to XP's error report it's something with ogremain_d.dll
checked the logs and no errors reported, it all runs smoothly until *-*-* OGRE Shutdown

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#3 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:05 AM

Mhhh I read something about that in the Ogre forums. But that was supposed to be a problem after the Resource Management SmartPtr implementation. :WTF: We are not using it... :confused:

Only in debug mode??

I have another one, but it is a hard one, as noone has noticed :D .... I made the same mistake in alpha 0.0.3, that is why I noticed it right away, but forgot to report it. What do you think if we make a contest, what could the finder wins? :P

Greetings
Red Knight
Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#4 Beetle

Beetle

Programming Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:03 AM

I don't have any idea where is that bug :huh?:

But going back to XNet bug, some more information: It's appers to be in XNetDocument systems crushes doing
xnetDocument = new XNetDocument("../data/schema/xnet.xml");

on release everything is ok :huh?: (it's going to be my favorite smilie :) p.s. why the heck they are colled smilies ??? most of them are not smiling :KooKoo: )

Beetle

UPDATE:
Currently not working line in debug mode in XNetDocument constructor
Implementation	=  
  static_cast<xercesc::DOMImplementationLS*>( xercesc::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation( TScopedArray<XMLCh>(xercesc::XMLString::transcode("LS")).get() ) );

Edited by Beetle, 11 February 2005 - 06:18 AM.

Posted Image

#5 rincewind

rincewind

Programming Department

• 541 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

I don't have any idea where is that bug  :huh?:

But going back to XNet bug, some more information: It's appers to be in XNetDocument systems crushes doing
xnetDocument = new XNetDocument("../data/schema/xnet.xml");

on release everything is ok  :huh?: (it's going to be my favorite smilie :) p.s. why the heck they are colled smilies ??? most of them are not smiling  :KooKoo: )

Beetle

UPDATE:
Currently not working line in debug mode in XNetDocument constructor

Implementation	=  
  static_cast<xercesc::DOMImplementationLS*>( xercesc::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation( TScopedArray<XMLCh>(xercesc::XMLString::transcode("LS")).get() ) );

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would guess xerces-c uses some form of memory manager in their debug build that doesn't work together with boost::smart-pointer. I will take a look at it. We probably need to have a special smart pointer for those xerces-strings (the only think in xerces you have to release manually). Coding it should be pretty easy.

Greetings,

Rincewind
Posted Image

I love boost!!! The next best thing since the invention of C++.

#6 rincewind

rincewind

Programming Department

• 541 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:56 PM

I have another one, but it is a hard one, as noone has noticed :D .... I made the same mistake in alpha 0.0.3, that is why I noticed it right away, but forgot to report it. What do you think if we make a contest, what could the finder wins? :P

Greetings
Red Knight

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I found your bug. Take a look at the earth. It rotates the wrong way :-) Sun goes up in the west and down in the east.

Rincewind
Posted Image

#7 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:41 PM

Yes, binormal of the surface is pointing in the wrong direction... Excelent rincewind. You found it looking or checking the old threads?

Greetings
Red Knight

Posted Image

#8 rincewind

rincewind

Programming Department

• 541 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

Yes, binormal of the surface is pointing in the wrong direction... Excelent rincewind. You found it looking or checking the old threads?

Greetings
Red Knight

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I meant the rotation of the sun, not the tangent space basis. Will have to take a look at the binormal too, though.

Rincewind
Posted Image

#9 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well two bugs in one :D

Greetings
Red Knight

Edited by red knight, 17 February 2005 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image