2 replies to this topic

#1 Arjuna

Arjuna

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:30 AM

I suggest that if you have anything like the UFOPedia (or UFOPaedia, if you prefer that spelling) in Xenocide, you should have it somehow accessible from the Battlescape. I've always thought it would be helpful to see how much damage your weapons do in combat, as well as seeing what you know about the aliens you encounter as you meet them. For instance, if you somehow forget that a cyberdisc or sectopod is vulnerable to laser weaponry, and you spot one at the base/crash site/terror site, you could look 'em up in the UFOPedia and see their autopsy report or interrogation results.

#2 nopoet406

nopoet406

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:11 PM

That wouldn't be such a problem, would it? I mean, you could rationalise it as X-Com troopers quickly consulting little portable devices which contain that kind of information.

Or here's a better idea: implement it so that you can access the Ufopaedia from the battlescape, but ONLY if you've got someone on board the landing craft? (Unmanned HWPs don't count.) This represents the trooper on board accessing the X-COM database. Maybe it could take a certain number of TUs to read each entry, e.g. 20% of max TUs to read one entry. (It can take a while to read technical stuff.)

#3 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

I suggest that if you have anything like the UFOPedia (or UFOPaedia, if you prefer that spelling) in Xenocide, you should have it somehow accessible from the Battlescape.  I've always thought it would be helpful to see how much damage your weapons do in combat, as well as seeing what you know about the aliens you encounter as you meet them.  For instance, if you somehow forget that a cyberdisc or sectopod is vulnerable to laser weaponry, and you spot one at the base/crash site/terror site, you could look 'em up in the UFOPedia and see their autopsy report or interrogation results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This feature is indeed planned. :)

---Edit---
The right forum would've been the Labs btw. :)
Moved there.

Edited by Mad, 07 March 2006 - 01:49 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image