#1 Woudschim

Woudschim

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hi,

I recently started a new game in UFO, but I encountered a nasty bug.

I was moving all of the hangars to the top of the base, making the acces lift a choke point. But, before I thought of this idea, I built an Alien Containment next to the acces lift, which I would like to see removed. There is still an alien in there, so I researched him. But everytime I research him, I get a random autopsy report and the game crashes. So I am left with an unresearchable alien in a containment I cannot remove. The alien bugger is a Floater Medic by the way. My girlfriend is playing UFO as well, and she too encountered a Floater Medic that crashed the game when researched.

Is there a way to edit him out?

Thanks,
Woudschim

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:22 AM

One way is to completely wipe everything you have in containment. And I mean everything, which includes any aliens that are stuffed in a containment module at other bases.

To do this, start a brand new game, then save it. Get a copy of the ASTORE.DAT file from the new game and copy it into your current game.

An in-game method that I haven't tried -- but feel may work -- is to build a new containment module in the new location, then remove the old one.

Floater medics (or any medics in general) appear to be a bit bugged for some players. It's best to save them for the very end where there's nothing much left to research. If memory serves, what's happening is that the medics are pointing to a ufopaedia entry that doesn't exist.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#3 Woudschim

Woudschim

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:05 AM

I built another containment and tried to dismantle the old one, which did not work.

I will try to copy the file from a new game, thanks!

#4 stewart

stewart

Programming Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 10,529 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

there are base editors you can use
Posted Image
I'm starting to like the heavy cannon more and more.

#5 Woudschim

Woudschim

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

Replacing the file already did the trick for me. :)