I am very proud to announce that Mamutas has already finished and did an internal release (to me) of the Xenocide UI Framework that will let this department to define the overlays (UI) for the WHOLE game.
So you can start right away with it....
This are the instructions sent to me by Mamutas:
Here is an internal release I intend out UI developers to use to test out UIs made with OGRE scripts.
Here is the readme I want to pass along with the distribution, which describes condition for Test UIs.
How to create UIs so they can be tested with the Xenocide application:
- The UI must be written using OGRE scripts: http://www.ogre3d.or...l_15.html#SEC24.
- All the scripts must be located within resource locations as they are defined in xenocidegame\system\resource.cfg file.
- Your overlay must be named Xenocide/TestUI in order to be loaded when ?TestUI? button is pressed on the start screen.
- It is recommended that all the elements of the Test UI will be prepended with Xenocide/TestUI, as it will be easy to rename them when they are included in the game code.
- It is recommended that your UI would have a button named Xenocide/TestUI/Exit. This button will take you back to start screen, where you can exit the game by pressing ?Quit?. Otherwise you would need to kill the game from your Test UI in order to exit.
The app has a very little defect in the geoscape introduced by me, when playing arround with a prototype, so if someone can redo the overlay (without the buttons defect), it will be very good indeed.
Enjoy and a big hoorray to mamutas for his awesome job...
The download link IS http://www.projectxe...stframework.rar until Micah move it to an appropriate place (update this post when done )...
Edited by red knight, 16 April 2004 - 07:54 AM.