8 replies to this topic

#1 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:39 PM

Started an android campaign in superhuman (it's all NKF's fault. This is my first superhuman, but I think I'm getting the hang of it (the city is SO BIG).

Those retrocycloriums help a lot too :P

I figured a way to deal with the "huge city" problem. I've figured out that the dimension doors jump around a lot, but they always jump somewhere close (so a dimension door doesn't appear at the other end of the city). So you just ahve to station your vehicles somewhere around the possible spawning point of the dimension doors and launch from there.

Recovering UFOs or fighting aliens in cities is a different issue entirely. An all android team (currently 8 androids in second week, will hire more if possible) is virtually immune to brainsuckers, and if they don't have disruptor guns (they don't have them yet in my campaign), antropods. It's quite hilarious to watch actually, the brainsuckers don't know what to do (they just look around), but the antropods are really a lot more confused. They don't know what to do, hiding behind corners, coming out to take a peek, and since they can't fire the brainsuckers, they just... you know...

There is one thing though, I know there has to be a soldier for brainsucker pods to pop out (and the soldier has to be close somewhere) but when I have an all android team in the mission, the pods pop out even if there is no soldier around. Maybe because they can't target anybody, they just pop out no matter if there's somebody around, no?
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

#2 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:46 PM

Possible. In my version they even brainsuck androids. And I have seen pods that never open, so everything's possible. :D

EDIT: Or do they pop up because there are civilians around?

Edited by Extralucas, 01 April 2004 - 12:52 PM.

I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#3 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:12 PM

Nah. It happens in UFO recoveries too. I don't think you have civilians in UFO recoveries.

Or maybe... There are three girls all dressed in white, playing while they sing
One two Popper comes for you
Three four better block the door
Five six (forgot the original song)
Seven eight Popper's at the gate

It's possible :D

I've had a game where an android got controlled by a micronoid jelly. Probably it was a general super hero über micronoid that had single handedly (???) slaughtered ten commanders and had a psi attack of infinity square.
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

#4 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:14 PM

PSI aliens MC my driods all the time.

#5 Deathskull

Deathskull

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

just use the mind shield to gice the droids anothr +100 psi defense
USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population.
- David Letterman

#6 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:41 PM

There are some abilities that can penetrate even 100 PSI defense. A scan, for example, will always have at least 20% of a chance of success.

You have a wierd game there, Extralucas. :huh:
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#7 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:56 PM

I know. Andriods were mostly useless for me. When brainsuckers start to 'convert' them, and when I MCed one android during raid I was 100% sure I don't need 'em. However, they have nice physical skills and can be fine swordsmen.

Edited by Extralucas, 01 April 2004 - 02:57 PM.

#8 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:48 PM

Can you just run some extra tests please? A brand new game makes an excellent android -v- brainsucker testing ground. Just hire an android and send it off on the first mission (alone).

With or without weapons. ;)

Since you're literaly got a score of 0 at the time, all the aliens will have are their built-in weapons and brainsucker launchers, so apart from the ballistic smoke grenade, you'll have a fairly captive audience of orange basketballs.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 01 April 2004 - 10:49 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#9 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:20 AM

LOL! This time everything seems to work fine. Anthropods were just staring at me, same with brainsuckers. I guess that game deploys some of brainsuckers to combat zone along with the other aliens.