XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New Music

Kratos

I apologize, but I don't bring music here (I am no sound developer). I do however, bring up the issue that we do need new music for Ufo2k before next stable release. We cannot distribute the Xcom music like we did under previous stable. Nor can distribute a new stable without any prior thought to some basic music. Check Mantis ID #0000538.

What is needed:

- Menu

- Mission Planner (aka editor)

- Server Lobby (aka net music)

- Battlescape

- Victory

- Lose

- Geoscape (optional)

So basically, if you are experienced in music creation, please by all means reply in this thread.

Sporb, believe you have this experience?

i have some tracks but i havent enough space to upload them for trial, anyone know of a good free-host?

I'd upload them and see what people thought first tho

I have at current:

-Battlescape X3

-Defeat

-Lobby / netlobby

-mission planner

-Victory (not too happy with it tho)

Edited by Sporb

OK, here they are. Please download em and tell me if you think they fit/should be used for or have any general comments/complaints:

- Battlescape A

- Battlescape D Underwater

- netmusic / Geoscape / lobby A

- Defeated A

- Defeated B

- menus A

- Possible Mission planner music, not sure tho ...

- Again, not sure about this one. Victory A

Plese note, non of these songs are as yet 'complete' and still need some tweaks.

Edited by Sporb

Battlescape 1 truly impresses me. I truly feel like I'm on a hunt for aliens. Downtime 1 fits very nicely, much like a glove. Good job on these. =b

Dynamic sounds ok. It's fast paced, that's good. It might be what we're looking for, but try improving it just to see what happens. :)

I don't want to say much about Battlescape D because I am not really a TFTD player, so might thoughts on this could differ completely than the average Xcom 2 fan.

MainMenu is a bit odd. The silent parts I just can't seem to fit with Nachtwolf's main menu city image. Maybe it shouldn't be that silent? Or try a new beat?

I am not too sure on victory. Truthfully, it is just a bit loud. I'm sorry if I can't give any productiveness on this, but my mind draws a blank on what this should be like. Loud just doesn't seem to be the answer. :)

DefeatA doesn't seem to have that "Damn, I just lost...I should go cry now" feeling. ;)

I like the music! But I'd rearange it a bit on the screens personnally.

Battlescape 1 is definitely something worth playing on!! Can we use it right away?

Downtime 1 is just great, I see it best on the main menu.

Goes well with the burning city and more importantly : Starts very well and gives the best impression at the beginning.

Mainmenu, I'd see that on the net lobby.

Since it's a lot more smooth and you can wait a while in lobby.

BattlescapeD would IMHO be good for Defeat.

DefeatA is nice for defeat too. Doesn't give the "go hide and cry" feeling Kratos talked about but however it does have a nice eerie feeling of "bodies everywhere getting harvested by the opponent".

I'm so-so about dynamic. IMHO it's a bit too rhythmic for mission planning since you can spend quite some time equipping the team. Just my two cents however.

I'm not sure at all about Victory. Sorry, I think it just doesn't fit in very well. Too loud as Kratos said. Try something military walk style maybe?

Great work, keep it up! =b

I like the music! But I'd rearange it a bit on the screens personnally.

Battlescape 1 is definitely something worth playing on!! Can we use it right away?

Downtime 1 is just great, I see it best on the main menu.

Goes well with the burning city and more importantly : Starts very well and gives the best impression at the beginning.

Mainmenu, I'd see that on the net lobby.

Since it's a lot more smooth and you can wait a while in lobby.

BattlescapeD would IMHO be good for Defeat.

DefeatA is nice for defeat too. Doesn't give the "go hide and cry" feeling Kratos talked about but however it does have a nice eerie feeling of "bodies everywhere getting harvested by the opponent".

I'm so-so about dynamic. IMHO it's a bit too rhythmic for mission planning since you can spend quite some time equipping the team. Just my two cents however.

I'm not sure at all about Victory. Sorry, I think it just doesn't fit in very well. Too loud as Kratos said. Try something military walk style maybe?

Great work, keep it up! =b

Battlescape 1 and Downtime 1 are both ready to go since i havent felt a need to change them in over a year(ish) Any further changes will be minor. I also agrre with the statements made of the Victory and Dynamic. They dont fit the other tracks at all.

Also uploaded another defeat track: Defeated B

Edited by Sporb