XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Error!

Brick-To-Face

Hey all, I have been absent for a while, but I heard of the update and decided to check it out, I ran the old version I had, 0.7.1062 and it started up fine, so I closed it and uninstalled. I then installed .1067 however that did not run so well. The loading screen (with the soldier pointing the pistol) got up to "agup_init" and I got an error.

Titled: "UFO2000 Error!" It pronounced:

Assert failed at line 279 of src/pck.cpp
Clicking OK, I came upon:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\UFO2000 Beta\ufo2000.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Closing this terminates ufo2k.

I reverted to version .1062, but got the same result, then I tried .1067 again. Nothing. Can someone please tell me what is on line 279 of src/pck.cpp? Or maybe how to correct this error?

Thanks!

Hey all, I have been absent for a while, but I heard of the update and decided to check it out, I ran the old version I had, 0.7.1062 and it started up fine, so I closed it and uninstalled. I then installed .1067 however that did not run so well. The loading screen (with the soldier pointing the pistol) got up to "agup_init" and I got an error.

Titled: "UFO2000 Error!" It pronounced:

Assert failed at line 279 of src/pck.cpp
Clicking OK, I came upon:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\UFO2000 Beta\ufo2000.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Closing this terminates ufo2k.

I reverted to version .1062, but got the same result, then I tried .1067 again. Nothing. Can someone please tell me what is on line 279 of src/pck.cpp? Or maybe how to correct this error?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the good description you gave us there!

Have you installed custom add-ons or extensions ?

Have you tried making a full clean install, that means uninstalling, deleting your ufo2000 folder and all it's contents, then reinstalling?

Moonbase terrain is known to conflict with other terrains (Virtual and Urban for example), it might also be custom terrain or units, or a corrupted pck file in the XCOM or TFTD folders.

Could you upload or send me your copy of the file "init-scripts.log" (ufo2000's root folder)?

It would help a bunch, the last line you would see is most likely the problematic stuff.

IT WORKS!

I have two different copies of Enemy Unknown, I just realized one of them might be unsuitable (because the other MUST have worked before) so I tried reinstalling (like you said) with both, and it worked on the second. Anyway, I'll post the file you asked for and go check out that game. The new background nearly gave me an orgasm, it looks good.

On a different topic, I am finishing up High School and will begin studying Computer Science next year in college. I really wanna help, and I love what you (nachtwolf and anyone else who is helping) have done in the absence of Serge.

Edit: Nearly forgot the attachment.

Edited by Brick-To-Face