2 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken32

Forsaken32

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

I've been having trouble with a recent saved game... USA will sign a pact, I will change their funding back to normal - and the next month they do it again, and again... even though I shot down the full infiltration fleet before a single ship landed WTF. so I opened up diplom.dat in a hex editor, and started changing the 00's to 01's one at a time. Within 5 minutes I found the bit for whether a country was infiltrated or not in the current month. I put the results into a picture...

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that somewhat like an alien base (sometimes when they start an alien base mission, the base is constructed immediately at that time no matter what) infiltration missions can be automatically successful. This is why I decided this - if I blow up all their infiltration ufo's, I'm not going to have them signing pacts. So, if I have to cheat, fine :P I'm sure you've all had the same problem so, cheat away. ;)

Edited by Forsaken32, 03 May 2006 - 09:58 PM.

#2 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

Nice Forsaken32, real nice. Another value bites the dust. :)

Hmmm... I thought NKF found this offset for one of his infamous saved games. Could be wrong though. :wink1:

[Edit: moved to Game-File Editing.]
[Edit again: I'm thinking of funding. My bad. :blush1:]

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie, 03 May 2006 - 11:30 PM.

The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#3 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:32 AM

Actually, in my savegame, I set the variable for all the countries mentioned here so that they're all signed. You don't get paid if they've signed over.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1