XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New To Xenocide Forums

so i would just like to say hello first off, and my name is Josh.

Secondly the work I've seen sofar is quite amazing, the Geosphere's detail is just gorgeous...

this is really going to be a better than next gen X-Com type game doing more than justice to the orrigional from what i can tell, and every other opensource group whos working on a similar project has nothing on xenocide!

anyways, i might be interested in helping with this project but i need to study first...

could you point me in the right direction for reading/study material for making graphics objects skins and such for this project? and what software do you use?

thanks and keep up the amazing work

-Joshua

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the compliments and your enthusiasm. :)

As for a place to start, I'd recommend looking at our Documentation site and taking a gander over at the ART department files, but I'm sure one of the AWD people will come by and give you more specific information.

-Asty

P.S. nothing wrong with donkeys :P

Edited by Astyanax

Well a good start, is to look at others people works... 3ds Max, is what was standardized in Xenocide... there is a free version out there called Gmax, play around with it, see what you can come up with...

www.3dtotal.com - Excellent all around site, has some extreamly impressive works, and some tutorials

www.CGtalk.com - A forum site, has a lot of professionals, usualy friendly

www.3dcafe.com - This has ALOT of tutorials on how to do stuff

www.Deviantart.com - Good for stock photos, or some refrences, also has alot of talented people

The 2d Program most people use is Photoshop, I suggest you first poke around it yourself, get just a little familiar with it then google for tutorials for what ever you want to make

Rember just to practice and thats it... If you are feeling bored one day, load up photoshop and start doodling, kills time and you might actualy do something that looks real cool...

Any other questions feel free to ask anything