XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Aliens Like A X-corps Groups

I was pondering. why dont the alien base have X resources in alloys, element 115 and "money". If Cyblebleble (<-- insert mars base name here) is a "outpost" from the aliens, why dont use it like the x-com group? they will have farms for alloy, mining for element-115, and get "money" monthy? so they train soldiers, get weapons, build or buy spaceships and send to earth to get more supplyes, food, terror, slaves and etc? could be a AI working like the player, but in the beggining with more resources (not to send a battleship fleet).

what u think?

• 8 months later...
I was pondering. why dont the alien base have X resources in alloys, element 115 and "money". If Cyblebleble (<-- insert mars base name here) is a "outpost" from the aliens, why dont use it like the x-com group? they will have farms for alloy, mining for element-115, and get "money" monthy? so they train soldiers, get weapons, build or buy spaceships and send to earth to get more supplyes, food, terror, slaves and etc? could be a AI working like the player, but in the beggining with more resources (not to send a battleship fleet).

what u think?

It would be useful for programming playing as the Aliens. Could also lead to more realistic progression and some purpose to missions on Earth.

Nice thoughts, espeically if the player could play as the aliens. Plus its logical their economy is drastically different from ours.

Maybe unseen too, is the fact they might even have a supply line back to where they came from. I suspect the only reason its not known by the crew that cracked open Cydonia is perhaps because they couldn't understand what some of the stuff they left behind was (language issues were overcame on Earth during interrogations due to MC abilities learned, but if all the aliens on Cydonia were toasted, they'd never come on this knowledge even if it were spelled out on an alien monitor screen there. MC uncovers alien intent, alien language is something else if more info were required).

Anyway, point is, its not unreasonable to assume they didn't have ways of liquidating what they harvested on Earth. Just because Earth researchers didn't uncover that kind of information doesn't mean they didn't have a way. So I'm all for a chance to play as the aliens.

Exactly. Its kind of like that whole "need to know basis" crap you here about with our governments and so forth here. Wouldn't surprise me if they had that in their culture too.

My impression of them, at least in terms of hierarchy here, I had the sense that the brain was obviously the head honcho, but so many of the other alien ufopedia entries state that Ethereals did much of the "brain work" so to speak with regard to keeping their forces a cohesive one. Your right that when it died (and I believe it said as much in the end screens), the other aliens would start dying out without that brain's (both it and the Ethereals, since apparently they relied on it as well) support.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on about this, but I enjoy discussing the cultural stuff. However, I think it would be sweet to learn more by virtue of playing that part ya know? :) You play as humans, you get their whole story speil, you play as aliens, you get theirs.