#1 natskee

natskee

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:29 AM

Greetings Gurus,
I have tried some of the things you said to try, but nothing worked. I am a firm believer in user error. Since I have very limited skills when it comes to using my computer. I guess what I am asking for is someone to give me something of a play by play. For the reason I am sure I am doing something wrong. I have the Apoc 3, and I install it as I am suppose to. I then go into the XCOMA folder and make the ďApoc.txt or bat fileĒ which is still a txt document when I go into the property. I am not sure what itís supposed to do when I change it to a bat file. I went to the various download sites to get what I need to get and it still does not start. Its possible I am not clicking on the right icon. (can someone tell me which one it is?) But as I said before I believe in user error, so I am going to try everything again from scratch. But I expect to come back with my tail between my legs. :boohoo:
Wish me luck

One thing I can say is that I am happy to know that I am not alone when it comes to playing the X-com series.

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:56 AM

You should run xcom3 through that batch file. If you can't get it to work you can always try DOSbox, check the pinned topics in the xcom1&2 tech support forums (no topic here yet, as xcom3 is not yet guaranteed to work properly that way).

edit : good luck :)

Edited by j'ordos, 05 June 2004 - 05:57 AM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 natskee

natskee

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:00 AM

OK it worked!! :party:

Now i don't have any sound, but i am sure i will get over it. I did not use Dosbox. It was user error i was clicking on the wrong icon and extracted it in the wrong area. :whip: :spank:

Now i am on the hunt for instructions and good hints. I am sure its in here somewhere

Thanks again

#4 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:26 AM

Hints? There's always the Xcom 3 Strategy and Tactics forums. We have lots of good hints there.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#5 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:09 AM

you have installed VDMSound and the VDMSound launchpad, ran setup.exe and entered the correct settings, and are running xcom3 with VDMSound?

Take a breath j'ordos, let the poor guy speak! ^_^

Edited by dipstick, 06 June 2004 - 12:23 PM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

Reply to this topic