Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:29 AM

http://babylon.alphacomplex.org/~xcom/
- Anthraxus
Member of the Old Git Club

"And, as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes aflame, came wiffling through the tulgy wood and burbled as it came."

Fortune's Landing LARP - Another of my creations

#2 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:03 PM

hmmm... seems interesting, an x-com game i can play without my computer :)

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#3 Mustang

Mustang

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:37 PM

Must have....

#4 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:18 PM

The downside is, you need a human opponent which can be harder to find than a computer ;)
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#5 Mustang

Mustang

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

My dad is a D&D fanatic

#6 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:46 AM

I received an email exactly two months ago from one of the creators of the game. It is as follows:

People,

A friend of mine, Paul and myself were sitting down one day complaining about the lack of decent computer games anymore and saying that XCom: Enemy Unknown was one of the best we had ever played. Not having the skills to reprogram it for multiplayer, we decided to make a tabletop version of it.

http://babylon.alphacomplex.org/~xcom/

Thus was born XCom: Tactical. Based on the enemy unknown (ufo defence) section of the universe, we developed a rule system and game play system very similar to the computer game, but streamlined for people to do the calculations. We modified maps and images to suit the style, some were redone from scratch, some were just modified. There are a couple of new weapons, but no major changes from the world was done.

You can play as either side, XCom or Alien. You can even play XCom vs XCom. Different alien types will only work with others of the same type. (Otherwise we discovered Ethereal and Chrysalid were an unstoppable combination).

It is a very fun game for 2-10 players. Well worth the time to play. If you think it is worth it, please make a link on your site to ours and tell people, and we will do the same.

Many thanks

Evan Leybourn

#7 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:54 AM

So have they made figures to play with or is it up to the player to do those by themselves?
There's no need for a sig..

#8 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

So have they made figures to play with or is it up to the player to do those by themselves?

they give you everything: the tokens, the character sheets, the terrain, the manual (whcih i'll read on later), everything! just grab all the stuff from the Downloads page (there's a zip there with it all)

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#9 Madow

Madow

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

Imagine an X-COM Tabletop Wargame by Games-Workshop, now that would be awesome due to being around for 3 or so decades with a wide variety of different games and models. If this were to happen, the Sectoid would be skinny as! xD
HEX-Com
A new X-COM board game in the works!

Join my Games Workshop forum!

Posted Image