XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lemmings : Apocalypse

note: not compatible with roadwar!!

Yay, another xcom3 savedgame, nothing serious this time, actually it's rather dumb, but I love wasting time like this :hammer:

anyway, your goal is to guide your 47 police cars safely back to base, sounds easy, but you're obvioulsy not allowed to use the fastest speed setting bug :sly: and the road is blocked by various evil megapol uh... UFOs, annihilators, ... anyway, everything megapol is not supposed to have :) . Obviously they are hostile towards you and who knows, perhaps the good ol' aliens will pay a visit too? (note : this really is random, it won't always happen :) )

Anyway, to guide the dumb cars you must use manual control (unless you like seeing them blown to bits :) ), this can be done by selecting the vehicle in question and pressing the 'M' key (or ',' for us azerty users), while in manual control the following buttons work :

left mouse button : fire!

right mouse button : move into that direction (note that other cars probably won't follow you, like in lemmings :) )

home : turn around

end : change side of the road (left/right, note that you CAN crash into other cars)

pgup : speed up

pgdown : slow down

prevent cars from going into the wrong direction by shooting the road.

I would recommend turning off auto-pausing for damaged&destroyed vehicles.

Just extract to your XCOMA\savegame folder, the savedgame uses slot #7

That's it I think, so have fun :)

XCOM0.png

lemmings.exe

Edited by j'ordos

uh... You're in control of the police cars, and you actually have to prevent them from being blown up, but there are many ways for the police cars to find their own destruction in the savedgame, so... :)

• 10 months later...

BEHOLD MY POWERS OF NECROMANCY! MUA-HA-HA-HA!

This is great! I wish I'd seen is sooner, but the Apoc forum's really inactive these days. . .anyway, I've tried it. Several times so far. Still have only saved 9 of them at most. I almost had 15 or so, but then some UFOs came and. . .NOOOO! :(

But blehm has a point, much more fun to watch them all get blown up one after the other :devillaugh:

Glad you like it :)

Well, if you're so desperate for some xcom3 news, I today proudly manufactured my very own Alien Scout :banana: (note : manufacture, not 'give')

Unfortunately I have to replace an existing manufacturable item for it, and I don't think I'll be able to change that, so I'll never really be able to manufacture everything myself... :(

edit : Can also manufacture overspawns :) Rather fun

Edited by j'ordos

Ooh Overspawns, I haven't thought of that :)

I hear the game doesn't let you control them, though? :( They just mindlessly rampage around town? Not that that's bad, of course.

Have you tried orchestrating your own Apocalypse attack? With UFOs, I mean. Get yourself allied with the aliens (Midnight editor of course) and give yourself like 8 Motherships, maybe a Battleship or two. . .or 5, or 6. . . Disperse them throughout the alien dimension (they won't be attacked since you're allied) and save. Then, go back to the Midnight editor, and set you and the aliens back to mortal enemies. . . :naughty:

Ooh Overspawns, I haven't thought of that :)

I hear the game doesn't let you control them, though? :(  They just mindlessly rampage around town?  Not that that's bad, of course.

Have you tried orchestrating your own Apocalypse attack?  With UFOs, I mean.  Get yourself allied with the aliens (Midnight editor of course) and give yourself like 8 Motherships, maybe a Battleship or two. . .or 5, or 6. . .  Disperse them throughout the alien dimension (they won't be attacked since you're allied) and save.  Then, go back to the Midnight editor, and set you and the aliens back to mortal enemies. . . :naughty:

You can control 'em just fine with manual control, but eventually they'll die from falling debris anyway. It's quite a hassle to get them to leave your base though, they'll most likely smash the part containing all your soldiers :)

Something more useful is, however, manufacturing e-115, or better yet, elerium pods :naughty:

Hmm, or psiclones... Endless possibilities it seems :)

The overspawns have 3 weapon hardpoints too, just like the Annihilator, and plenty of module space. The game crashed the last time I put weapons on it... but I imagine disrupter shields would allow the overspawn to last just a little longer against falling debris. The overspawn don't have any equip screen, but you'll see the item slots.

From my previous encounters with X-Com controlled overspawns, they have one odd quirk - even under your control, they'll automatically walk in a random direction and if there's any building in the way, they'll plow into it. But this act of destruction will be attributed to the aliens - not you! Defenders will pop out, but then go back in again as there's nothing to attack - your overspawn's not tagged as belonging to the aliens, see. A wonderful way of ... uh, meddling with public relations.

The manual controls can cause the overspawn to do some really odd things but will eventually crash the game - so, I'd avoid them where possible.

- NKF