8 replies to this topic

#1 Tuoppi

Tuoppi

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:13 PM

IŽd like to see some more medals awarded/statistics kept. Like a purple heart awarded to a soldier wounded in battle. Special medals could be also for heroics like killing more than 5 in same mission, more than 10, for healing more than 10 fatal wounds, more than 50 fatals healed, winning a mission outnumbered, outnumbered by 2x, winning a base raid, capturing high ranking aliens, controlling many aliens... You figure out more.

And statistics. Who killed aliens, how many, which type, how many captured (Stunned by soldier and captured then.), how many missions served...

Nothing too big, just a picture of shiny medas and some numbers at soldier screen. (Somewhere a note what each medal means.)

It would have no gameplay effect, but it would be nice to see. Apoc had some of these, but they were given just for killing a certain number.

How is, like the idea? or :stupid:

#2 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:20 PM

I remember we are planning on doing something like this. Either pre V1, or really really soon after V1 is released.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#3 Cpt. Boxershorts

Cpt. Boxershorts

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

I believe it will be in v1...but don't hold me to that.

-The Captain
"...you're always afraid you'll lose control and wake up some morning with a half-built time machine and a plan to go back in time and pants Hitler."
- A Miracle of Science

Posted Image

#4 GDD

GDD

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:38 AM

LOL just had the same idea LOL :P

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

Ooohhh, I love the idea of medals!!
Quite cool actually, especially the Purple Hearts!! :D
(and the reverse too, how about a record of how many times a guy panicked... It's accuracy record, etc. )
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"

#6 The Master Maniac

The Master Maniac

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:44 PM

That's a great idea, putting individual decorations in the game. Not only does that give the soldiers that little bit more depth, but it would be neat to see that one of your favorite troops came back from a particularly dangerous mission with a shiny new commendation.

#7 Cpt. Boxershorts

Cpt. Boxershorts

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:57 PM

The main document is here. There's artwork around somewhere as well, but I don't remember where offhand.

[edit] Found a rought draft of the trophy box and a list of the actual ribbons as well.

-The Captain

Edited by Cpt. Boxershorts, 20 August 2004 - 04:10 PM.

"...you're always afraid you'll lose control and wake up some morning with a half-built time machine and a plan to go back in time and pants Hitler."
- A Miracle of Science

Posted Image

#8 The Master Maniac

The Master Maniac

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

The main document is here.  There's artwork around somewhere as well, but I don't remember where offhand.

[edit]  Found a rought draft of the trophy box and a list of the actual ribbons as well.

-The Captain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't get a chance to actually see those yet, but I gotta say that those are frickin' awesome. The look and feel of the draft isn't at all cheesy (as in a couple games with such "awards"--coughcoughsyphonfiltercough).

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:23 AM

Hey, this looks uber-cool!!

I like it!!

Did I say I liked it!?
:D
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"