XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Age-cut

I though about it (especally the CTD forum), that when there have been made enough posts, the older ones get deleted. For CTD, this means that the older texts are gonies. The text asset list only points to the threads. And if they are gone...

A little warning from my side ^_^

Edited by mikker

Is someone deleting threads that are relevent to the project? That should not happen under any circumstance, regardless of the age of the thread. It's our documentation for the project. That's why I started pointing CTD assets in the list to the threads, so people would learn how/why a text turned out the way it did, before they jump in and present a different idea.

Err... Mikker, did you check the "view all threads" instead of "view all threads under 30 days old" setting? I'm reasonably sure there is no age cutoff in the xenocide forums, they just get pushed back to another page.

I've double checked the X-Net forum, and it looks like all the threads are still there. We've had about 1.5 pages of threads in there for a while, previously I tried to combine/rearrange some fo those threads to either combine similar topics or groups threads together in a way that made sense. Perhaps you remember a specific thread, which I had merged with a similar topic but had a different name? I've also renamed topics to match the new entry names we've voted on, so I expect something like that has made it appear like a thread was deleted.

ah, ok.

Its just because alot of forums have a "cut" for those topics that are too old, so i doubt that this foum should be any diffrent. Its just if there could be exceeding this limit.....which would be terrible as those who are importent would dissapear.

Yeah i missed some topics. But if they just changed names...

Right, as Micah said none of the forums are deleted. Even ones we no longer use, like voting polls for names, are just closed and moved to alien containment. Just search for the topic you can't find, and the thread should show up for you.