XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Tileset Editor

nachtwolf

All new LUA tileset editor, made by Nachtwolf for all your tile making needs!

This is the second version of the tool, it's already a fully featured tileset editor.

I have put a good load of work in this, just to make map makers life simple (and probably make a few maps on my own too).

It's web-based, all done in HTML / javascript except the little blank.gif image which was necessary for a fluid use. I strongly recommend mozilla firefox since I stopped testing in Internet Explorer... it should work too but with "them" you never know.

If you have comments, feature requests or bug reports, reply to this topic, PM me or email me at merc_graphics-at-hotmail.com.

Now a bit of advertisement.

It has everything you need !!!

Import / start from scratch

With the LUA input/output dialog

Manage tiles

A navigation bar makes it easy to browse through your tiles, you can also add / delete them.

Choose tile image sprite, animated or not.

You will see which sprite you are using and you can even define an animated tile.

Edit minimap image

Make a custom ingame minimap image for your tile.

Modify tile properties

Even deprecated or unknown use properties are supported !!!

Edit 3D line of sight Shape

A few tools to simplify your life and direct LUA output means no harsh task of writing the whole Shape up.

What are you waiting for? Download now!

Make sure you extract the archive in a folder before using this tool as it might have a lot of trouble if it runs from a zip file.

:Deal: - :agreed:

tilemaker_v2.0.zip

Edited by nachtwolf

I uploaded it again as a "windows" standard zip file, sent you an email too, I tested this file and it opens on my computer.

As for MapView... I personnally think it's time we move on... this program has a lot of restrictions, it's about time we have another program that will use png instead of pck, work from LUA tilesets and that will not make .map binary files but LUA instead.

And also it's about time we make a LUA replacement for .map files.

This tileset editor is, I hope, the first step toward this.

Edited by nachtwolf

UPDATE! Quite a few fixes.

Fixed in version 2.1

- Fixed Issue # 006 : When adding a tile, it made the image path to reset to image.png. The current image path is now used instead.

- Added a checkbox to get rid of image not found warnings which can be annoying.

- Added JUMP TO feature to make tile navigation quicker.

- Added 3D Shape preview.

- Fixed Issue # 007 : Delete button always deleted last tile. Delete button now deletes the current tile.

- Fixed Issue # 008 : Trailing white spaces were present at the end of loaded tiles. Changed LUA loading behavior.

- Fixed Issue # 009 : Added quick Shape templates you can use as a start for modifications.

If you encounter a bug, or have ideas for new features, please reply in this thread, PM me, or email me at [email protected].

Enjoy!

Nachtwolf (Vince)

tilemaker_v2.1.zip

Edited by nachtwolf

• 2 weeks later...
Wish you could make dynamic objects.... depending on thier animation depeds on how much area they block... :Cucumber:

That's an engine issue, can't help there...

• 7 months later...

How difficult would it be to include a single, usable set of files with the program, so it would be possible to get it up and running without doing any external file editing.

I mean, we would still have to do some editing to get beyond that one set of files, but it would give us something solid to start with, and to reference for our own files. I downloaded 2.1, and it looks good, but I still haven't got it working yet. probably a case of my own inaptitude :P