XCOMUFO & Xenocide

There's some cool human craft, that fly completely off of solar power. They can stay in the air for months at a time, and would be perfect for cheap flying radar.

Here's a link.

Of course, there's also weather baloons...

• 4 months later...

TR-3 Black Manta, low-speed long-range stealth recon plane, maybe as real as UFOs...

http://www.area51zone.com/aircraft/blackmanta.shtml

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/aircraft/TR-3A.jpg

Just reading that I find the existence of that jet in any form other than a research platform to be highly unlikely. The united states airforce already has weapons platforms of sufficient stealthiness to be invinsible to the kinds of weapons they are likely to face in a war against terrorist cells when the proper tactics are employed. Given the relative expense of stealthy warplanes and the lack of an urgent need for stealthier planes, I can't see this thing being anything other than a development project. Since they already have flying wing aircraft, I highly doubt there is such a thing. By the shape of the black manta, it's clear that it's a subsonic strike or recon jet, and barring superb performance at suborbital altitudes, I don't really see a role for it since we are on the threshold of the induction of the JSF.

Such projects would be perfect for XCOM. Maybe if there would be something like F-19, Aurora, Black Helicopters and other such mystic stuff, it will look more interesting.

Xenocide (as you may well know) is using a modified version of the yf-23. That's about as close to the mythical f-19 as you can get. The real f-19 is what we all have come to know as the f-117. There was speculation as to its designation as the f-19 because the shortly after the induction of the f-16, the yf-17 was refined and designated the f-18 and f-19 was the next number in line.

Yes, I know. But don't know why, real YF-23 had a problem that it hasn't reached 2 M. That's also why USAF has chosen F-22. Maybe good for a tactical stealth fighter, but interceptor? Even aging F-15 would do better work.

• 1 month later...
Guest alex the greater

what about thoese big airplanes whith large radar domes on top maby you could lease them from the un you couldent put them in your base but myaby you could keep it in a city

and maby you could also lease fuell planes to refule you fighters

also black helocopters would be cool thay could have shorter range and cary less than a skyranger but a lot cheeper

Edited by alex the greater

• 1 month later...