Jump to content


Photo

#119 - X-net Entries Layout; Paragraphs


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 red knight

red knight

    Xenocide Project Leader

  • Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

Nightmare: How is this going? Is there a patch integrated already?

Greetings
Red Knight
Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#2 _.NightMare._

_.NightMare._

    Squaddie

  • Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

Hello, i have fixed it, but i dont know what to do now, i have to upload the file or something like that?

#3 red knight

red knight

    Xenocide Project Leader

  • Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:21 PM

Send the patch done with SVN patch facility to your mentor for further approval and integration. And upload it into the issue tracker too.

Greetings
Red Knight
Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#4 _.NightMare._

_.NightMare._

    Squaddie

  • Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

well, i have no mentor so i dont know really what i should do, i was assigned to do this and i didnt contact with anyone, and then i began with exams and i havent been able to talk to anyone...
well, since i have no mentor i will post what's the problem and how did i fix it so it can be fixed
It seems that the problem is a cegui problem, when worldwrap is enabled it doesnt let to put an empty line, it automatically removes it, i have seen the cegui forums and someone said they were going to fix, but i havent been able to test if they have done that, but i made a fix to make it work, in xnet.cpp, in parsetext function, just by remplacing
result += element + "\r\n";
to
result += element + "\r\n" + (char)1 + "\r\n";
it fix the problem, i have modified to add a non-printable character so cegui detect there is text so it doesnt remove the line but it doesnt print anything in that line, so that get the thing fixed, sorry for my english but im spanish and my english isnt very good...
so the solution would be change that line of code or check if cegui is repaired and if it has been repaired it would work ok

#5 rincewind

rincewind

    Programming Department

  • Xenocide Programming Department
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

looks good. Can you do the required changes, add a BIG comment explaining why you did the (char)1, test if it compiles etc. Then right-click on your changed file and select create Patch from the Tortoise SVN context menu. It should let you save it to a file. Post that file here. Then one of the full members can commit it to SVN.
I would do the commit but I'm not at my dev-machine until tuesday.

Rincewind

P.S: Good job with the investigation of the problem.

P.P.S: I will resolve the mentor-issue as soon as possible. What timezone are you in and what are your interests and skills, so I can find someone suitable?

Edited by rincewind, 30 April 2005 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

I love boost!!! The next best thing since the invention of C++.

#6 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:56 PM

there is still an issue with the double titles, should I file another issue?

#7 rincewind

rincewind

    Programming Department

  • Xenocide Programming Department
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:17 AM

there is still an issue with the double titles, should I file another issue?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


File another issue, but since Nightmare is already into the code, I guess he can try to add it to his patch and you can assign him the issue already in the bugtracker.

Rincewind
Posted Image

I love boost!!! The next best thing since the invention of C++.

#8 _.NightMare._

_.NightMare._

    Squaddie

  • Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

Here are the patches to the double title and to the paragraph problem, the double titles problem happens because it puts the title from data\languajes\english.xml into the text and after that there is other title at the beginning of every entry in data\schema\xnet.xml, so i have two patches, the first one would be if you want
take the title name from english.xml(Paragraph.patch), so you would have to remove every title in every entry in xnet.xml and the other one is if you want to take the title name from xnet.xml (DTitlePara.patch) and dont use the english.xml file, so it would be:

(Both of them repair the paragraph problem)

Get Title From:________Patch:____________Other Things:
english.xml___________Paragraph.patch____needs to remove every entry title in xnet.xml
xnet.xml_____________DTitlePara.patch____English.xml would not be used for anything in the xnet thing

I hope i have explained myself ok

For the mentor thing im spanish, i think it is utc+2 or something like that, not sure, im posting this message at 20:20, i think that knowing the hour you can aproximate my timezone... i have not much experience with game programming, i made once more or less a rubik cube game directly with directx8.1 and i have been having a look to ogre3d and made all the tutorials... i think that it is all the knowledge i have on game programming...
if you need something else my msn is retabas@gmail.com

Attached Files