XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Which Continent Is Your Main Base?

Deimos

True, especially on higher difficulties. But then, on high level they'll attack your starting base rather early no matter where you place it.

So, all that means is that you need to create your choke point defense right away and a rocket tank would definitely help with defense. Also, early in the game the sectoids will probably not be carrying blaster launchers yet.

However, there is such a thing as too early. I was attacked on Jan 11th once. No tank, no laser weapons. Ouch. :) I came close to winning but it was just one of those "I'm missing too much" moments. :) At least it wasn't mutons or ethereals.

There is no such thing as too early :yarr: . As long as your shipment of 10 rocket launchers and 20 heavy rockets comes in, you can defend a base with nothing but that and the rookies, rifles and pistols you start the game with. It helps if you use the improved starting base from XCOMUTIL though.

Do you still have a save from your "missing too much, early attack"? I bet with enough "reload cheating" you could win the mission. Or at least NKF or Zombie could. ROFL

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any mission or situation can be won with enough reloads, which is exactly why I always play ironman. I LIKE it that the aliens can win. I like it that I have to assess the risk when committing certain assets. I like that I may lose an important asset and then have to decide how to continue.

I could have won the mission with a little luck. But, for me, it's one and done. Better luck next time. :)

The good part about early base attacks is that you can afford to scrap the game and start over from scratch.

- NKF