XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In X-com (s)

UPDATE: Sign-ups are now closed until further notice, due to the huge amount of soldiers. Read last posts for more info.

Any comments please post on the Discussion thread.

for fun, i'm thinking of making an x-com game on superhuman difficulty with the soldiers as forum members (named as such) for fun. to see who does stupid stuff, who's a good shooter, who gets killed first, etc. should be fun to watch ;)

if someone gets killed i'll bring them back ("ressurect them") when i buy more soldiers. however, you won't get your custom stats back and will go back to rookie, as a death penalty :P

also, base names will be named after forum names in here :)

if you want, you can customize the starting stats / properties of your soldier. just use this nifty application i made and post the .stt file. btw, to update a stat just press Enter after editing it.

SoldierCustomizer.zip

Links

The General Stores - Present yourselfs here to tell me what do you want to be equipped with, as well as to check what is / isn't available. You can also check what's being researched, your soldier's ranks / stats and many other useful info here.

The Discussion - If you want to discuss something related to the game like suggestions or changes, which would be too big or annoying to put in The Game thread (see below), put it here.

The Game - Check the ongoing progress of the game as i play it, updated regularly (unless i have school) with plenty of screenshots and also small movies of the action (require the DivX codec to view). Comments are welcome ^_^

Instructions in 3 Easy Steps

1. Post a reply here that you want to join (and attach your .stt file if you customized your stats). nickname is used for your name unless you specify something else;

2. Post on the general stores what do you want to be equipped with;

3. Check the aliens that you kill (or kill you) on the game and have fun :)

Soldier List (constantly updated)

SKYRANGER-1 (full)

- miceless

- Micah

- Puasonen

- stewart

- SupSuper

- Black Dash

- Deathskull

- Raven Squad

- LordT

- red knight

- Commander Tommy

- Robo Dojo

- Vaaish

- j'ordos

SKYRANGER-2 (full)

- remysweet

- NKF

- Crus8r

- Judge_Deadd

- XcomVic

- Gene$|s

- Cpl. Facehugger

- blehm

- mikker

- whitewashed

- deanfrz

- mikey

- Kliffoth

- Jenny

SKYRANGER-3 (full)

- mamutas

- Trevelyan

- Sir Crashalot

- BloodyHeart

- centurion

- Kamikazee

- waywreth

- ATeX

- fabre

- Gyrfalcon

- Extralucas

- Danny252

- Agent Orange

- Bobethy21

SKYRANGER-4 (full) - 14 days remaining

- Arky

- Kelo

- MagicAndy

- Twilight Owl

- Jeeves (floater medic)

- Sergio

- Mustang

- Singleton Mosby

- Azrael

- GD

- Matthioux

- Kix4Trids

- Willow

- Exo2000

RESERVES (used when soldiers are wounded in action)

- Master Maniac

- Han Harkov

- Snakeman

- Emilz

- alexander jonson (alex the greater)

- Uka Naakka (Tuntematon lentava esine)

- Katana

- TzuChan

- EtherImp

- Whitestar_60

- Star*Fighter

- Hailfire22

- Karean Takanago (BlackMoon)

- Paladin

Currently 56 assigned and 14 reserves, 70 soldiers in total.

Edited by SupSuper

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course, i completely forgot. i put him on first place for obvious reasons :devillaugh:

anyways, the battle is on. i'll post about it in a separate thread on X-Com 1: Saved Games and Missions. this thread can still be used for "sign-in" purposes :)

Edited by SupSuper

remysweet reporting for duty! :happybanana:

Why not put together a second Skyranger, just to take the even numbered missions? ;)

Do we get a choice in preferred armament? If I'm put in, I want a laser pistol, a high explosive and a couple of grenades of your choice. When armour is handed out, I don't want a flying suit.

I want to see how often I get knocked off. ;)

- NKF

Why not put together a second Skyranger, just to take the even numbered missions? ;)

Do we get a choice in preferred armament? If I'm put in, I want a laser pistol, a high explosive and a couple of grenades of your choice. When armour is handed out, I don't want a flying suit.

I want to see how often I get knocked off. ;)

- NKF

we don't start with laser weapons :P

This would be a good idea for your flash xcom :) . When you're out of fresh recruits, you just 'ressurect' the one that has been out of the game the longest time (those that died first) and put a number behind it. So you can easily keep track of how many times he has died :)

Will we vote for research topics?

If so, then I'd pick laser weapons. I want my Laser rifle.  ^_^

sorry but medikit is a priority, since we're in superhuman.

laser weapons will come next, don't worry :)

btw, you can choose anything you want for your soldier, as long as it's possible. for example, you can't choose what your soldier will do in the game ;)

Can we say what we want our soldiers to do? I have high reactions, so I want to camp UFO doors.

--Edit: Yeah, turn-by-turn advice would be pretty dumb. But I still want to be the "OMG Camper u suck!" :) --

Edited by Robo Dojo 58

No lasers, no worries. You'll get them soon enough - probably by the time I arrive.

I'll start with a standard pistol then, three clips. Don't give me the high explosive if strength is under 40. It's nice to have it, but if you can't throw it, it's pointless. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Very cool :D I think I saw something like this on the gonegold forums or something, and people there seemed to get a lot of fun out of it. Can I be the first to get a medikit? :) And I would prefer an autocannon with incindiary (or is it HE?) ammo, if possible.

If you're still taking recruits, sign me up, Sir!

As for equipment, how bout hvy cannon with 2 HE clips and a pistol (+ an HC-I clip or a coupla 'flares if its dark)...unless my guy has low strength, then just gimme a pistol with a couple clips and some 'nades or a cattleprod :naughty:

-Crus8r

What Rank would i be fit...... KAMIKAZE SQUAD!!!

AARRRGGG!!!

*BOOOOM*

:devillaugh:

LOL - Since the creator can bring us back ( hen SuP ^_^ )

Edited by Black Dash

Finished my message on The spam zone.... see if you guys can find out were did i take that ^_^ .

I could use a sniper u know that hun Sup.... But i could do with a rocket launcher and a plasma rifle.

Edited by Black Dash

I want 2 Blaster Launchers in each hand! and my body rigged with bombs!

untill then, i want some lightweight weaponry, prefarible medikit, granades, and a riffle. or sometihing bigger.

You know, the TACTICAL guy, with his body full of extra ammo for his companions, and medikits, and light bulbs...

Edited by mikker

Hey, If I can, could I still get in? If so, use me as the guy that heroically steps in front the commander when he runs out of TUs two spaces from an alien. I mean, if it's nessisary. Dont go out of your way to get me killed.

Edit: eidt removed, plus: "everything is fine"

Edited by deanfrz

Hey, If I can, could I still get in? If so, use me as the guy that heroically steps in front the commander when he runs out of TUs two spaces from an alien. I mean, if it's nessisary. Dont go out of your way to get me killed.

roger

Mikey-I like to to let my allies scout the aliens, then i kill them..

Everyone wants to sit back and snipe. But someone's gotta go on the front lines, and die once, twice, or even a hundred times for their planet, if need be. ^_^