XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Those Dang Cryssalids...

n0th1ng

Although flying suits and heavy plasma is a more enjoyable solution. If you're looking at using an editor, just edit your saved game to get enough cash to build what you need. Can be funny to start month 2 with 8 bases all decked out...

They aren't THAT hard to beat! They just multiply, it's not that bad. I used to get scared everytime I saw one of them, but NOW I LOVE going against them. Everytime I get in a terror mission with them it gives me so much joy! :crying: *sniff*

I love it everytime they turn humans into zombies! :wub: They look mean, but they're just "turning" the humans to have a companion! They're so cute! :wub:

What, do you want to be with a female chryssalid now? :P

Just like etherials right?  :rolleyes:

You know it! I wouldn't care being turned inside out by a female chryssalid! :D

What, do you want to be with a female chryssalid now? :P

You know it! I wouldn't care being turned inside out by a female chryssalid! :D

*runs away quietly*

That's rather disturbing.

I find the chryssalids can be a nuisance, but they aren't that big of a deal if you handle the situation carefully. If they have you cornered though, I usually keep a primed grenade on every soldier. That way, if they get impregnated, they'll drop the nade.

"read my mind baby... what you see?"

*slap!*

I dont think female etherals are a good idea :wacko:

Cryssalids are EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEASY!!! If you have Laser rifles.. your good to go, rush into a building with more then 2 people... youneed to mass fire against them, and MAKE SURE THEY ARE DEAD BEFORE THEIR ROUND... or you can kiss your squad goodbye. Even with good reactions... i wouldnt trust my guys to down a charging cryssalid. :wink:

Or use explosives, chryssalids take extra damage from explosives. (For instance, 3 hits with an ac w/he ammo can kill one on superhuman.)

In my mind, aliens are good for one thing, target practice.

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

• 8 months later...
Build up your Psi ability and use 'em for scouts.

IIRC, 110 TUs for a crab.

Oh yeah, they're great scouts once you MC them, Snakemen bases can ba a LOT easier that way, especially since other Chrysalids will kill the first one before getting to your guys :devillaugh:

Edited by Paladin

actually, i think they have 114 speed. And i love using them after mcing them. problem is, other chrysallid's can turn your chrysallids into zombies :(

actually, i think they have 114 speed.  And i love using them after mcing them.  problem is, other chrysallid's can turn your chrysallids into zombies :(

So what?? Instead of a chrysalid, you get... TWO CHRYSALIDS!!! :devillaugh:

(Makes more efficient use of grenades that way, besides, I prefer that to one of my guys zombified...)

Edited by Paladin

Chryssalids under mind control won't turn into zombies. They die instantly.

If you mind control a zombie (an astonishing feat, considering zombies don't really get by much on brain these days except as nutrition) let it die while still under the influence of mind control and then wait a turn, the chryssalid that remains under your permanent control can be zombified and then reborn, so to speak. Just remember that every zombification adds a death penalty to your score and you lose morale as if another soldier was killed.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...