Photo

Collectors Edition Not Have The Declipping Bug?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mylar

Mylar

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 01:28 PM

I'm playing the CE version

Declipping seems to be useless.....

I can have a squad full of troops with half spent clips in their guns and loaded aliean weapons laying all over the ground....

Save the game

Kill the last unarmed alien with a laser.....

Let the transport get back to the base, and check my total number of heavy plasma ammo....

Then load the saved game.

Declip all of my guys weapons and run around declipping the alien weapons on the ground

Kill the last unarmed alien with a laser....

Let the transport get back to base and check my total number of heavy plasma ammo...

It's the same.

Ran this test 3 times with three different squads from 2 different bases.....

Declipping never seemed to change anything...

Was wondering if anyone else can back me up on this or explain it.

I'm running low on ammo and often have to send in the majority of my guys with laser rifles and have them pick up real weapons from dead aliens....

Edited by j'ordos, 28 September 2003 - 04:49 AM.

#2 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 02:21 PM

I've got dos version of UFO and play it in DOS too... Im using lasers only cause of this stupidity with clips... 1shot = lost whole clip :(
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#3 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 12:42 PM

You're right, only the old, unpatched dos versions 1.2 and earlier allow the clip bug to work.

#4 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:16 AM

But the clip will still will dissapear into the void. <_<

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#5 StaR

StaR

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 05:33 PM

Is there a chance that a patch fixes that? I was about to post same thing Mylar posted (made experiments too :cussing: ) well here my result anyway: declipping like stupid all the damn weapons its useless :bash: :bash: :bash:

#6 Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 10:23 PM

OMG!!!! blast you evil people and your stratigy guides!!!!!

I suppose when i have over 200 HP clips in storage i could have stopped using the bug along time ago :D
Posted Image

My conscience is clear, therefore I am guilty of having a bad memory.

#7 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:31 PM

What is the matter with you people. I have played EU through in superhuman (yes with xcomutil and now with CE) many times and I have never had a problem with Heavy Plasma Clips. Except that they waste my store space and I have to sell them after every 2 or 3 missions. I use only Heavy Plasmas and Blaster Launchers but still I never get short of neither one of those clips/ammo. So what are you doing with your weapons? Firing 2 autoshots every turn even if you don't see an alien? :uzzi:
There's no need for a sig..

#8 Mylar

Mylar

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 10:59 AM

No, I am very careful with my shots.....

But I am not talking about late game problems.... basically once mutons show up all the aliens are using heavy plasma and the ammo problems go away....

But some of us get those heavy plasma's out to play with a lot sooner then you might expect.

My research order is usually:

1. medikit
2. alien alloy
3. personal armor
4. heavy plasma
5. heavy plasma clip
6. plasma cannon (plasma beam)

At that point in the game heavy plasma ammo is scarce and they are officer only weapons...

It's really annoying to watch a floater pop one shot off at you, you lay him down with one shot from your officer, and those two shots just wasted two whole clips of ammo....